Dr. Tinku Joseph is a consultant Interventional Pulmonologist who loves his profession and calls it his passion in his life. He completed his MBBS from Calicut University in the year 2009. Thereafter he successfully completed MD in Respiratory Medicine and DM in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine. After completing his post graduation he joined in Pulmonary Medicine Department of CMC Vellore hospital for his senior residency. He has also received Interventional Pulmonology training from Serdang Cardiothoracic Centre in Malaysia.
Qualification: MD, DM, FCCP (USA), Fellowship in Thoracic Endoscopy
- Founder of Amrita Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology (ABIP) which focuses predominantly on various Interventional Pulmonology training programs (Basic Bronchoscopy, EBUS, Advanced Interventional Pulmonology).
- Course director of various Interventional Pulmonary courses under ABIP.
- More than 10 years of clinical experience in the diagnosis and management of various respiratory diseases.
- Vastly trained in advanced Interventional Pulmonology related procedures: rigid bronchoscopy, airway tumour debulking, placement of stents, valves, cryobiopsies for ILD, cryoablation of tumours, bronchoscopic thermal vapour ablation, bronchial thermoplasty and EBUS (convex & radial), rigid & semi rigid
- Performed the first rigid bronchoscopy guided cryobiopsy in the world for diagnosing cause of DPLD in infant.
- Extensively trained in critical care unit in managing patients on mechanical ventilators and non-invasive ventilation.
- Editor of three international medical journals and a popular national speaker on interventional related topics
- Silver Sponsorship Award by European Respiratory Society (ERS) -2012 Vienna, Austria (International Award)
- Young Respiratory Researcher Award by Chest Research foundation of India (CRF) for Excellence in Research - 2012. (National Award)
- JC Kothari Young Scientist award – NAPCON 2015 (Jaipur). This national level recognition was given by Indian Chest Society (ICS) and National College of Chest Physicians (NCCP). (National Award)
- Scientific paper presentation award in South Indian Pulmonary Medicine Conference conducted by the Academy of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine (APPCM 2016 -South India Chapter)
- World TB Day Poster Presentation conducted by RNTCP Pune, Maharashtra Chapter (24th October Won 1st Prize in 2012 & 2013). (District level Award)
- World Association of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology (WABIP)
- Indian Association of Bronchology (IAB)
- Malaysian Association of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology (MABIP)
- Founding member of Amrita Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology (ABIP)
- Member of American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- Member of European Respiratory Society.(ERS)
- Life time member of Academy of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine (APCCM)
- Life time Member of Indian Academy of Allergy. (IAA)
Founder and Chief Administrator of :
- lunghouse.com (This website contains more than 10,000 PowerPoint presentations, patient education materials, PG thesis topics, guidelines, medical mnemonics). First of its kind in the field of Pulmonary Medicine.
- Amrita Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology (ABIP)
- World of Chest X-Rays (In Face book). Educational website on chest x-rays.
- Respiratory System (Group).
- Motivational Quotes for Positive Thinking.
More than three lakhs doctors from different parts of the world are currently members of these web pages.
- February 8-10, 2019: Lecture on Airway Stenting at National Conference of Interventional Pulmonologists, BRONCOCON 2019 Lucknow.
- February 26, 2019: Workshop Session on Oxygen Therapy at Amrita COPD Update.
- March 2-3, 2019: Chaired Session on Peripheral Lung Nodule Sampling, at AIIMS Pulmocrit, New Delhi.
- March 16-17, 2019: Lecture on Electrosurgical Techniques in Pulmonary Medicine at Kovai Medical Center.
- April 12-13, 2019: Lecture on Linear EBUS at Apollo Hospital, Madurai.
- April 24, 2019: Lecture on Electrosurgical Equipments at Rigid Bronchoscopy CME at Serdang Hospital, Malaysia.
- April 27-28, 2019: Lecture on EBUS Case-based Learning and Complications at Yasodha Hospital, Secunderabad.
- May 16, 2019: Performed Live Case on Rigid Bronchoscopy and Cryobiopsy at PULMOCON (State Conference of Pulmonologist), at Amala Hospital, Thrissur.
- July 2019: Lecture on Recent Advances in Interventional Pulmonology at Pulmonary Update at Gokulam Medical College.
- July 21, 2019: Lecture on Management of Malignant Pleural Effusion at Lung Cancer Update organized by Bombay Hospital, Mumbai.
- August 18, 2019: Lecture on Indwelling Pleural Catheters, PACS. Metro Hospitals, New Delhi.
- September 20-22, 2019: Lecture on EBUS at International Conference ABIP at Amrita Hospital, Kochi.
- October 18-20, 2019: Three Lectures on Rigid Bronchoscopy, Cryobiopsy in ILD & Airway Stenting at Malaysian Association of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology (MABIP 2019), International CME at Borneo Islands.
- November 6, 2019: Lecture on Recent Publications in Interventional Pulmonology at National Conference of DM Pulmonologists of India at New Delhi.
- November 21, 2019: Lecture on Technical Aspects of Rigid Bronchoscopy at NAPCON 2019.
- December 15, 2019: Lecture on Role of EBUS & EUS-FNA in Staging of Lung Cancer, Kottayam Oncology Society Meeting.
- Organized (Organizing secretary) an International Interventional Pulmonology 2 Day CME (ABIP-2018- October) including Hands-on workshop. More than 200 delegates from 21 states of India and 5 foreign countries participated in the event. Also during this event Dr. Tinku Joseph was fortunate to deliver a lecture on Cryobiopsy and to conduct hands-on workshop sessions on EBUS, Cryotechnology & Rigid Bronchoscopy.
- Faculty at the monthly meeting of Cochin Thoracic Society and delivered a lecture on the topic - Recent Advances in Interventional Pulmonology.
- Faculty at Bronchial Thermoplasty National Guidelines forming committee meeting held at New Delhi. Also, was elected to a 12 member national committee.
- Lecture on “Antifibrotics in ILD” and faculty for a hands-on workshop on Rigid Bronchoscopy & Cryobiopsy conducted by Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore.
- Participated as faculty in a panel discussion on “Role of Bronchial Thermoplasty in Managing Difficult to Control Asthma” organized by CTS.
- Invited lecture on “Recent Advances in Interventional Pulmonology” at Trivandrum association of Pulmonary & Critical Care Association.
- Invited as faculty for a hands-on workshop on “Bronchial Thermoplasty” conducted by Yasodha Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Invited Lecture on “Recent Advances in Interventional Pulmonology” at Rajasthan State Conference of Pulmonologists (RAJ PULMOCON 2018).