The School of Ayurveda, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri campus, celebrated World Environment Day on June 14, 2019, by planting saplings, conducting an invited lecture, competitions, etc.
The day started with planting of saplings that were not present in the Medicinal Herbal Garden of Amrita School of Āyurveda such as Grape, Bush Orange, and Garcinia. The planting of saplings were done by Dr. Ramesh, Dr. Sanjay Pal and Dr. Abhay Mishra. The area where the saplings were planted was named as ‘Subhadram’. There were chanting of Gāyathri Mantra and Śānti Mantra during the planting of the saplings.
Dr. Sanjay Pal gave away the prizes to the winners of various competitions such as slogan writing, poster, photography, etc., conducted by the Department of Dravya Guṇa of School of Ayurveda. The UG and PG students participated in these competitions, were judged by experts and the results were declared.
The winners are as follows:
- First - Dr. Aparna C. R., PG Student, M. S. in Prasuti Tantra & Streeroga
- Second - Dr. Prathibha G., Internee
- First -Dr. Roshni, Internee
- Second- Dr. Prathibha G., Internee
- Dr. Cinu Mitra, PG Student, M. S. in Prasuti Tantra & Streeroga
- Amulya A. S., UG Student, 2017 Batch BAMS
- First- Dr. Nanma, (PG Student, M. D. in Kayachikitsa) and Dr. Lakshmi C. S. (PG Student, M. D. in Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana)
- Second- Dr. Cinu Mithra, PG Student, M. S. in Prasuti Tantra & Streeroga
To conclude the Environment Day Celebrations, the faculty and PG Students from the School of Ayurveda, visited Amrita Vidyalayam at Puthiyakavu. Eleven saplings (trees of medicinal value) were planted jointly by the Principal, staff and students of Amrita Vidyalayam and the Department of Dravya Guṇa Vijnāna, School of Ayurveda, in, the school premises.