Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetham and Tel Aviv University offer a unique workshop on sustainable development solutions under the thematic area of water. This one-week immersive course on theories and practical approaches to sustainability, through creative, interactive and participatory learning. We are looking for individuals with a passion for learning and the drive to apply the newly acquired knowledge in their work and life.
Sessions from the workshop include:
- Regulatory and Legal Framework
- Water Regime and Water Rights in India: the role of Law (Constitution, Statutes and Courts)
- Quality of Water & Measures
- Interventions & Behaviour Change
- Economics and Policy
- Technological Solutions
These sessions will also include hands-on experiments, IoT development, serious game development and intervention design exercises.
Venue: Amritapuri Campus
Dates: September 18-25, 2019
- Participants in the workshop will gain scholarly and practice-based knowledge and applied skills in the analysis of several issue areas related to the workshop theme.
- The current state of scholarly knowledge regarding sustainable development, and practitioner understanding regarding policies, doctrine and practices; Sharing experiences, networking and peer to peer collaboration
- Identifying and reflecting upon vulnerable environments and groups that require specific solutions for their sustainable development.
- Prof Neta Ziv, Academic Director, Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University
- Prof Tamar Ronen Rosenbaum, Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, Head of Renata Adler Memorial Research Center, Tel Aviv University
- Prof Yosi Shacham-Diamond, Professor at the School of Electrical Engineering, Tel Aviv University
- Prof Ram Fishman, Assistant Professor at the Department of Public Policy, Tel Aviv University
- Prof Hadas Mamane, Head of the Environmental Engineering Program, Tel Aviv University
- Prof Bhavani R. Rao, UNESCO Chair in Gender Equality & Women’s Empowerment, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Prof Maneesha V. Ramesh, Director & Professor at Amrita Center for Wireless Networks and Applications (AWNA), Dean of International Programs, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
and other distinguished faculty and experts from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Eligibility: Open to students and faculty members at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham from all campuses
Limited seats; Applicants will be notified after the selection committee publishes the final list of approved candidates.
Deadline: September 16, 2019, 12:00 noon IST
Contact : Sreeram Kongeseri (email@example.com)