The Department of Management and Commerce, School of Arts and Sciences, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Mysuru Campus, conducted a Faculty Development Program (FDP) on ‘Search n Research using Mendeley’ on December 19, 2020. The FDP was mainly designed for the research scholars and faculty members of various departments of the School. This was a hands-on session that was conducted through Microsoft teams and Mr. Chetan Hedge, the Chief Librarian of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Mysuru Campus, was the resource person.
The FDP covered various points that are as follows:
- Mendeley Reference Management software and some of the other reference management software’s like Zotero and EndNote reference management tools.
- Installation of Mendeley Reference management tool in Desktop, Laptop, and Android devices.
- Using Mendeley Web Importer and Citation Plug-in for Word.
- Citation Style Guides covered in Mendeley – APA, IEEE, MLA Style guides et al.
- Mendeley Literature Search using the Mendeley Desktop software.
- How to do Literature search on Mendeley Literature Search, Google Scholar, Microsoft Academic Research, Publisher websites like IEEE Digital Xplore, ScienceDirect, Taylor & Francis, Scopus Index.
- Importing References from all the above publisher websites, databases and repositories into Mendeley Desktop.
- Arrangement of the references in various Folders within Mendeley Desktop.
- Listing of References within Mendeley Desktop as Table or based upon the chosen Citation Style.