Amrita Center for International Programs invites applications for the Global Study Program at University of California, Davis, USA. UC Davis which is ranked as one of the top 10 public universities in the US, has been voted as the "Coolest School' and also consistently ranks amongst the best universities in the world.
The faculty is well known for its research, particularly in Arts and Sciences. GSP is a study abroad program that enables Amrita students to enroll in courses for credit. This credit earned can be applied towards their degree at Amrita. Study abroad opportunity for Amrita students' promotes cultural and personal enrichment. UC Davis also offers each student an orientation, and ongoing academic advising and support.
- Applications are invited from top performing students for UC Davis GSP with a CGPA of 8.0 and above
- ACIP will select a maximum of 10 students for the 2020-2021 academic year
Students can study at UC Davis for a minimum of one-quarter (11 weeks) or up to one full year (three-quarters or 9 months).
Who can apply?
Bachelor’s students in any discipline (for courses available at UC Davis) from all campuses are welcome to apply. Applicants are required to have excellent proficiency in English and strong communication skills.
FOR UC Davis ACIP Deadline: September 10, 2019
Website link to find classes online
Website for Global Study Program:
Please fill out the form below for consideration
Academic Calendar Winter / Spring 2020
|Winter Quarter 2020||Spring Quarter 2020|
|Application Deadline October 1, 2019||Application Deadline January 6, 2020|
|Orientation January 3, 2020||Orientation March 26, 2020|
|Term Begins January 6, 2020||Term Begins March 30, 2020|
|Term Ends March 20, 2020||Term Ends June 11, 2020|
|Academic holidays January 20, February 17, 2020||Academic holidays May 25, 2020|
The tuition and fees payment amounts represent tuition and campus student fees per student. Tuition and Fees Payments per student, 2020 Quarterly / Academic Year given below:
|Tuition & Fees QUARTERLY||Tuition & Fees ACADEMIC YEAR*|
|Application Fee waived||Application Fee waived|
|Tuition & Fees for Full-Time Courses* $7,275||Tuition & Fees for Full-Time Courses* $20,525|
|Prepayment Discount -$150||Prepayment Discount -$700|
|Application Waiver -$200||Application Waiver -$200|
|TOTALS $7,125||TOTALS $19,825|
Tuition and fee rates include a full-time course-load equivalent to 12/13 units per quarter. Course fees are pending the State's final budget and approval by the Regents of the University of California.
All fees are subject to change with advance notice. **All Academic Year payments must be paid in full by the payment deadline in order to be eligible for the discount rate (covers 3 academic quarters).
About UC San Diego
UC San Diego is one of the top universities in the United States. It has been rated as the "hottest" university for science by Newsweek, it is fifth in the nation for federal research dollars, and it has six Nobel prize winners currently on faculty. UC SanDiego has welcomed thousands of international students. The University of California, San Diego is ranked 14th by the Academic Ranking of World Universities, and is ranked 20th by the Center for World University Rankings. U.S. News & World Report named UC San Diego the 18th best university in the world in 2014 for research, global and regional reputation, international collaboration and number of highly cited papers.
UC San Diego Extension
UC San Diego Extension is the professional education and public service division of UC San Diego. Taught by talented instructors, UC San Diego Extension's courses offer the most advanced knowledge and education formats available.
Wide Range of subjects are available: Visiting students may choose courses from one of the departments below such as Bio engineering, Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Computer Science and Engineering, Economics, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Physics, Cognitive Science, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nano Engineering and many more . For more information about course selection, visit website.
UPS Program Quarter Dates, Application Deadlines and Fees (2020)
|2020 Quarter Dates
Winter: Jan 2 - Mar 21
Spring: Mar 23 - Jun 12,
Summer: Jun 15 - Sep 4
Fall: Sep 24 - Dec 19
|2020 Suggested Application Deadlines:
Winter 2020: Nov 1, 2019
Spring 2020: Feb 7, 2020
Summer 2020: May 8, 2020
Fall 2020: Jul 24, 2020
They will continue to accept applications after the suggested deadline on a space-available basis.
UPS Program Fees – Please See Below (Summer Fees Vary - Please Check Link)
|Application Fee $200 (nonrefundable)
FedEx fee $50 (optional, but recommended)
2020 Tuition $7,800 per quarter
International Student Service Fee $350 per quarter
UCSD Extension medical insurance $585 per quarter
Books/Materials Approximately $200-$800 per quarter
(Payment Cannot be made in advance. Books and materials must be purchased upon arrival at UC San Diego.)
Financial verification indicating proof of funds to cover full tuition, fees, and estimated living expenses ($13,400) USD per quarter. U.S. law requires this funding proof on file in order to issue the Form I-20 for the student visa.
Courses are on a space-available basis and you may enroll up to 12 units (3 courses). This helps ensure a satisfying academic experience at UCSD. For a complete list of all UC San Diego courses please see the “Full Schedule of Classes" section.
For a list of UC San Diego Extension course offerings please see the link.
For UCSD ACIP Deadline: OCTOBER 3, 2019
FAQ - Study Abroad Program
- UC Davis and UCSD are both Study Abroad Programs
- Tuition at the Host university has to be paid
- Home University Tuition will also have to be paid
- Living and Travel Expenses are additional
- Student should have studied at Home University for at least two years
- CGPA should be above 8
- Parent consent is required since the programs are expensive
- TOEFL is not required
- Fill up the google form
- ACIP office will request for recommendation from HOD
- Only recommended students will be allowed to proceed to online application
- ACIP office will nominate students to UC Davis and UCSD
- Only nominated students will be considered for the program
- Host university to accept students
- I-20 will be sent by the Host University
- Student to collect NOC from ACIP Office.
- Students can then proceed for visa
- UCSD and UC Davis have a quarter system
- Coursework available for Amrita students are limited to those specified in the link for the course catalog of the Host university programs. Only those coursework is available.
- Priority for coursework registration is given to the Host University’s degree seeking students
- Course mapping has to be done prior to departure. Please refer course mapping and grade transfer document for details on that. Learning Agreement can be modified after registration at Host university.
- Students to communicate changes to HOD and International Office.
- Many optional courses must be planned in case the required/chosen courses are not available.
- Project work cannot be done in the first quarter at the Host university
- If project work is to be done during the second quarter, student has to go to Host university and then find a mentor while completing the first quarter. Cannot be fixed prior to departure
- Maximum of 12 credits can be done in one quarter
- Students can go for a minimum of one quarter, maximum of three quarters or one year.
- Students planning to go for only one quarter should plan on going for the second half of the last semester or summer semester so the academic semester of coursework is not disturbed.
- If the duration planned is only one quarter, then the management coursework and project should be done prior to departure.
- Management courses are not available at UC Davis under their GSP
- If a student plans on going for 2 quarters at UCSD/UCD, then they should plan on going during the last semester so they can do coursework in the first quarter and project in the second.
- This arrangement will help them pursue higher studies in USA so they don’t have to return to complete the rest of the semesters.
- If a student is planning to go for more quarters, viz. Upto one year, then they may plan on going for the 4th year.
- Students can do a rough course mapping signed by their HOD, subject to modifications after registration.
- Students can consult ACIP for any questions or help needed during their stay abroad.
Please fill out the form for consideration
For further questions / to confirm your interest, please send resume and HOD email/phone (for reference) to:
Sujatha / Reshmi / Anandi
AMRITA Center for International Programs (ACIP)
(Please use subject title: UC DAVIS – 2020 OR UCSD Extension - UPS Programs 2020)