The department envisages the students to
- Apply their Knowledge in Science, Mathematics and Engineering to address Industrial and Societal problems with a strong emphasis on creativity, confidence, ethics, and responsibility.
- Apply latest computational, analytical, simulation tools and techniques to develop and improve products and processes.
- Solve multidisciplinary problems by working in cross functional teams.
- Develop and upgrade technical, intellectual and emotional skills for life-long learning to compete in a rapidly evolving world
- Nurture entrepreneurial ventures and foster research activities that support sustainable economic development to enhance the quality of life.
Apart from inculcating the fundamental objectives, this programme facilitates the student to
- Apply knowledge acquired in the field of kinematics, dynamics, robotics and control systems to develop automation and robotic system aligning with the changing requirements of industry.
- Extend and implement innovative thinking on design of smart products and processes with the aid of modern tools.
- Design and implement autonomous systems for emerging domains like manufacturing, automotive, health care, industrial safety and for hazardous natural environments.
Entrepreneurship is a core component of the programme and Design thinking is introduced to facilitate nurturing of Innovation.
Foundation courses such as Multivariable calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations and Numerical Methods, Engineering Mechanics, Biology for Robotics, Manufacturing Processes, Probability and Statistics, Mechanics of solids and material science, Kinematics of Machinery, Actuators and Drives, Sensors and Signal Processing, Engineering Dynamics and Control systems are followed up with courses on Robotics, Optimization techniques, Data science, Micro controllers and embedded systems, Graph theory algorithms and Complex analysis, Real time
operating systems, Industrial Automation, IOT, Machine learning and Deep learning. The course facilitates choosing of electives in Additive Manufacturing, Stochastic Dynamics, Bio-inspired robotics, Humanoid Robotics, Mobile Robotics, Wireless Sensor Networks, Intelligent Control Systems, Autonomous Vehicle, Smart Sensors, Web Technologies and Applications, Mobile Application Development, Big Data Analytics, Medical Robotics etc., The curriculum is framed with International and Industry Experts along with an expert team of faculty members and is designed to facilitate Innovation and Atma Nirbhar Bharat. The career prospects for this undergraduate programme are as Robotic design/Test engineer, Robot system engineer, Automation Product designer, Automation process developer etc., The requirement trained manpower in Automation and robotics is on the increase globally and will open newer avenues and opportunities with the right education and skill sets.