Alumni of School of Engineering, Bengaluru Campus
AMRITA ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Amrita Alumni Association is a network of alumni, students and members of the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. The association is an umbrella organization for alumni across all campuses. Our mission is to facilitate the interaction between the alumni and their almamater, thus providing an opportunity for mutual growth while maintaining strong ties to the University. While the students at Amrita are gaining the best of the learning experiences, progressively year after year, the alumni team too is strongly positioned to fully harness the power of unity. As a conglomeration of alumni teams across Amritapuri, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Cochin and Mysore, the Amrita Alumni association encompasses all campuses under the Amrita banyan to enable cross-campus networking across the world. Inspired by Amma’s teachings and with Her blessings, the alumni representatives from all campuses are working on the association initiative, guided by the ardent support of our respected faculty and management. This group intends to further strengthen the activities of the individual teams from a global network of Amrita Alumni fraternity.
The purposes of the Amrita Alumni Association are as follows:
- To serve as a platform to unite all individual alumni and alumni organizations/ specialized groups of alumni, into a single association and provide a common forum
- To build commitment, involvement, sense of pride and enhance the image of the University with the broadest possible alumni base
- To serve the University’s (current students, staff, management) needs for human, academic, research and intellectual resources in carrying out activities that are inline with the purpose of the association and university likewise to strengthen the connections between alumni and to provide services to alumni, by fostering individual growth, enhancing ties to the university and otherwise.
- When appropriate, to maintain contact with, support, organize, control and/or coordinate with, other groups (including non-alumni groups) having connections with the university or alumni or services necessary or convenient to carry out such purposes.
The objectives of the Amrita Alumni Association are as follows:
- To support the School’s mission & vision.
- To build and sustain a strong & meaningful relationship between the School and the students.
- To be the channel of communication amongst the old students and thereby the School.
- To keep the Alumni abreast of all School activities.
- To enable the Alumni participate in all the School activities.
- To make it easier for Alumni to take full advantage of all privileges to the graduates of the School.
- To provide assistance with career development and facilitate access to CIR and other support services.
- To support the School with resources, in any form, that will be needed for its various activities.
AMRITA ALUMNI ASSOCIATION – BENGALURU CHAPTER
While the University Level Alumni Chapter is already in existence and is also active, it is always better to have a local chapter, which can coordinate with the University Level Alumni Chapter.
School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Bengaluru Campus successfully launched its official Alumni Association Website on 26th January 2013.
The link to access the Alumni website is
With the launch of this new website, the School has moved one step forward towards achieving the milestone. This will not only facilitate effective & faster communication among the Alumni members and keep them updated about the Association`s activity but will also help them know about their friends & fellow members. This initiative will affirm the School’s belief that its services to its students do not end at the time of their attaining their graduations, but is a continuous process.
Alumni of Bengaluru Campus (2008 passed out Batch to 2012 passed out Batch) were asked to register themselves in the Website. There was tremendous response for the registration requests. A total of around 600 students have registered as Alumni – Bengaluru as on May 2014.
Alumni of Bengaluru campus are in Indian Army, Navy, and Ministry of Defence.
- Many of our passed out students are pursuing their Masters in many Foreign Universities, in IITs, IIMs in different parts of our country
- Alumni students are also Entrepreneurs. They have started their own companies and they are into providing job opportunities, internships for students etc. Some are into event management too.
- Alumni of our campus are also in social outreach activities like TEACH FOR INDIA. Teach For India is a nationwide movement of outstanding college graduates
- and professionals working towards eliminating educational inequity in India