Activities at Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Coimbatore Campus
Faculty Development Programs(FDP) Conducted:
- A FDP on Research and Project Areas in VLSI Design on January 25, 2013.
- Fourth National Conference on Recent Trends in Communication, Computation and Signal Processing (RTCSP 13) during 10 April, 2013
- Second National Conference on Recent Trends in Communication, Computation and Signal Processing (RTCSP '10), March 26 ‐ 27, 2010.
- Two Day Workshop on Electromagnetic Simulation Tools, May 14 - 15, 2009. (Supported by ESI Inc. Bangalore)
- Three Day Workshop on Support Vector Machines and Applications, May 11- 13, 2009.
- One day research seminar on “Emerging Perspectives in nanoelectronics R&D”.
- An invited talk on functional verification of ASIC/FPGA design.
Future workshops planned for:
- Two days workshop on ASIC design flow and synthesis using synopsys.
- One day workshop on CMOS based Analog VLSI circuit using custom designer/HSPICE.
Students are getting ample opportunities in improving their leadership quality and self confidence by involving themselves in to organizing as well as participate in various technical events in their domain of interest. Some of the workshops are as follows;
- Embedded design flow using Xilinx Zynq SoC
- Signal processing applications using Vivado System Generator
- Signal and Image processing applications using Xilinx System Generator
- Communication applications using GNU radio and USRP
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) and Strategic Applications