The Integrated MTech+PhD program is a specialized program that allows eligible students to complete both M.Tech and PhD degrees at an accelerated pace, as well as specialize in several interdisciplinary areas.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham’s Integrated MTech+PhD Programme is an offering that has been an outcome of its pioneering work in impactful research towards society over the past decade. By crystallizing challenges in emerging areas that are of high relevance from techno-social and Industry perspective, this integrated program ensures students are part of a structured program and graduate with mentorship from some of the most recognized faculty in Amrita and its International partners.
Important Advantages of Integrated MTech+ PhD include:
- Students who opt for Integrated MTech+ PhD program are given priority to earn M.Tech and/or PhD scholarships.
- Credits earned as part of M.Tech in the integrated program are transferred into the PhD program.
- Students that are selected for the Integrated program automatically are eligible for International internships and Dual degrees from Top 200 Universities in the World. International Partners
- Integrated Program students have flexibility in designing learning and research trajectories as part of Interdisciplinary studies to suit one's interests.
- Total Timeline to earn Dual Degrees i.e. MTech & PhD could be significantly reduced in comparison to the normal course of time taken to earn M.Tech and PhD degrees (6+ years).
Applicants shall have the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after BSc / Diploma in Engineering/Technology) - Currently in the final year or already completed; M. Sc./ MCA or equivalent master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent.
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to BE/ B. Tech./ B. Arch.) recognised by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India).
- Applicants should have scored a minimum of 60% in the qualifying degree. GATE qualified applicants can choose the paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree if Amrita Graduate Entrance Test (AGET) exam is available in such a discipline.
- For example, if the applicant has completed BTech /BE in CSE, attended GATE Exam in Electronics & Communication And is planning to join Robotics & Automation at Amrita, he/she can choose CSE as the exam and opt for Robotics & Automation.
- In this case, applicant can opt for any specialisation having CSE as the eligibility.
Direct admission for:
- GATE qualified candidates
- Applicants with a minimum experience of two years in relevant academic / engineering industry, after a telephonic interview.
- Applicants having more than 8.5 CGPA with good academic credentials, after a telephonic interview.
- Eligible Amrita Graduates.
- Those who doesn’t belong to the above categories will be interviewed as part of Amrita Graduate Entrance Test 2020 to be held in May.
- Preference for applicants who did good projects in their graduation /master’s program.
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham M. Tech. Scholarship – Rs. 25000 per semester
- GATE Scholarship (all programs) during M.Tech program – Rs. 12500 per month
- Amrita University PhD Scholarship – Upto Rs. 25000 per month stipend alone. Additional support for research infrastructure, facilities and publications
- Vivesvaraya Scholarship – Upto Rs. 43000 per month stipend alone. Additional support for research infrastructure, facilities and publications
- Industry Sponsored Scholarship – Stipends vary, Upto Rs. 80000 per month
- International Internships – Additional stipends during International internships at Partner universities in Europe, Australia, Asia and US
- Application submission is completely online. Prospective applicants shall register for the Amrita Graduate Entrance Test for M.Tech. through the online portal link published in the website.
- The application fee is INR 1000/- which is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
- Payment has to be made online through net banking or debit/credit cards. As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges may be applicable.
- Online Application: To complete the online application, candidates shall have scanned passport size photograph (optional), scanned signature (optional), Net banking/Debit/Credit card for making the online payment; application fee can be paid as demand draft also. In three simple steps, you can submit the application for M Tech:
- Registration - Personal Information
"For the first two years of Integrated MTech-PhD Program fee structure is same as for our normal for M.Tech programs. From the third year onwards fee structure of PhD Programs (Rs 30,000 per annum) becomes applicable for this program."