Achievements, School of Ayurveda
- Dr. Ananth Ram Sharma, Associate Professor, Post Graduate Department of Panchakarma, Amrita School of Ayurveda addressed the PG scholars and House surgeons and share the “Clinical experiences” at Government Ayurveda College Thripunitura, on July 23rd 2015. The program was organised by Post Graduate Students Association Thripunitura as a part of their regular academic activities.
- Dr. Priyalatha B., Department of Dravyaguna, Amrita School of Ayurveda delivered a talk on “Karkidakattile Arogya Pariksha in Club FM Radio 94.3 at Trivandrum on July 17, 2015.
Dr. M. R. Vasudevan Nampoothiri, Principal, Amrita School of Ayurveda was awarded with Shri Dhanwanthari Ayurveda Puraskaram 2015 by Padmasree Jayaram, Cine Artist for his valuable service as a physician in the field of Ayurveda at Shri Dhanwanthari Ayurveda Shastra Sadas at Thottuva Dhanwanthari Temple, Ernakulum on May 17, 2015. It made a remarkable impact for the budding physicians of Amrita school of Ayurveda.
Bhrahmachari Dr. Shankara Chaithanya, Medical Director, Amrita School of Ayurveda was invited as a special guest for the Shastra Sadas. The uniqueness of this program was a seminar based on the topic “Twak roga” in Ayurveda by Dr. M. R. Vasudevan Namboothiri and Dr.P. M. Madhu. Students of Amrita school of Ayurveda, made the day even more auspicious by chanting Astanga Hrudaya Sootrasthana.
- Prof. Dr. M. R. Vasudevan Nampoothiri, Principal, Amrita School of Ayurveda was given Award of Excellence for his achievements in the academic year 2014-15 by the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, on the occasion of campus day celebration 2nd May, 2015.
- Certificate of Appreciation is given to the teaching faculty of Amrita school of Ayurveda for their contribution in the academic year 2014-15 by the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, on the occasion of campus day celebration 2nd May, 2015. Prof. Rabinarayan Tripathy, Dr. James Chacko, Dr. Anantharama Sharma, Dr. Pratibha Sharma, Dr. Prasanth D., Dr. Sivabalaji and Dr. Akhilesh Shukla received the certificate.
- Dr. Nalinakshan, Professor and Head, Department of Prasuthi Tantra and Stree Roga, Amrita School of Ayurveda, Amrita University has been appointed ad new Pro Vice Chancellor of Kerala Health University by P. Sathasivam, Governor of Kerala the very next day after his predecessor stepped down. He was the former principal of Government Ayurveda College, Thripunithura and a member of board of Studies and Academic Council of KUHS. Also the recipient of an award for the best Ayurvedic Medical College Teacher.
- Dr. Ananth Ram Sharma, Associate Professor, Department of Panchakarma, Amrita School of Ayurveda delivered introductory speech in Virechana Sameeksha, one day workshop on Virechana Vidhi Adhyaya of Vagbhata conducted by Raghavan Tirumulpad Foundation at Kottayam on May 2, 2015.
- Dr. Leena P. Nair, Assistant Professor, Department of Ayurveda Samhita & Siddhanta delivered a speech on ‘Importance of Moral values’ during the inaugural session of ‘Tatvamasi’ Balasamajam at Karimuttom, Kayamkulam on 11th April, 2015.
- Bhrahmachari Dr. Shankara Chaithanya, Medical Director, Amrita School of Ayurveda and Dr. M. R. Vasudevan Nampoothiri, Principal, Amrita School of Ayurveda were invited as panellist for the “NITHYA AYU” National Ayurvedic Conference at Shri Nithyananada Yogashram, Uppala on March 22, 2015. Mr. Sripada Nayak, Honorable Central AYUSH Minister inaugurated the event. A special Chaturveda Samhita Yaga and Bruhat Gayatri Ghrutha Samprapthi Yaga were also planned from March 22-29, 2015, under the guidance and presence of Shree Yogananda Saraswati Swamiji. More than 20 UG, PG students including staff of Amrita School of Ayurveda Amrita witnessed the occasion.
- Dr. M. R. Vasudevan Nampoothiri, Principal, Amrita School of Ayurveda has been selected to SAB (Scientific Advisory Board) of central council for research in Ayurveda sciences, New Delhi for a period of 3 years.
- Prof. Rabinarayan Tripathi, HOD, Department of Shalya Tantra, Amrita School of Ayurveda authored a book "Concept of Bhagna – A Comprehensive Review on fracture", 2nd Edition, published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Heinrich Bocking Str, 6-8, 66121 Saarbrucken, Deutschland/ Germany, ISBN: 973-3-659-44534-7
- Dr. Ananth Ram Sharma, Associate Professor, Department of Panchakarma, Amrita School of Ayurveda, Dr. Prathibha Sharma, Associate Professor, Department of Panchakarma, Amrita School of Ayurveda and Prof. O. P. Sharma, Deparment of Panchakarma, NIA, Jaipur coauthored a book "Shodhaniya Siddhi: A Book on practical guidelines to Shodhana Chikitsa", published by Chaukhambha Orientalia, Varanasi, ISBN: 978-81-7637-334-0.