ProgramsView all programs
From the news
- Chancellor Amma Addresses the Parliament of World’s Religions
- Amrita Students Qualify for the European Mars Rover Challenge
A group of six enthusiastic students from second year Computer Science at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham was shortlisted for the finals of SmartIndia Hackathon 2019 at Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh on March 1 – 2, 2019. They created a platform in 36 hours for solving one of the problems of the company Future Generali to have a platform for attracting insurance agents to join them. The web platform our students created was very attractive with features for grabbing the attention of possible insurance agents, get their attention through interactive chat bots, forums and slowly leading them to a mobile app.
The app gives them personalized experience in terms of private video calls with company representatives as well as with customers, voice based assistance services, rewards and recognitions and strategies to attract new customer through social media. Overall the student team had a great learning experience learning how to think from technology stack perspective and thinking from business perspective. The team was accompanied by Dr. Ganesh Neelakanta Iyer , Associate Professor at Amrita Vishwa Vidaypeetham as a mentor.
2. SmartIndia Hackathon 2019 – Team PRERANA
Vinyāsa – The App (”nyāsa” means “to place” and “vi” means “in a spec”): An Intelligent fusion of available signals from WIFI routers, BLE beacons, IMU sensors, GPS, Pressure sensors is employed to provide the seamless indoor-outdoor positioning. The challenge of seamless indoor-outdoor positioning lies in detecting the environment of the user.
To detect the environment of the user, the signals from BLE beacons and Wi-Fi RSSI are used. After detection of environment, the user will be positioned appropriately. If the user is in an indoor environment, information from available IMU sensors and Wi-Fi Routers are fused to position the user appropriately. Outdoor positioning is designed using GNSS/GPS. The system also has an Administrator module to configure the map of various buildings along with the position of Wi-Fi Routers. This information is stored onto a server and retrieved when the user enters a building. For faster retrieval of map caching and eager loading are used. Most importantly the privacy of the user is protected and makes use of available sensors only in and efficient manner.
3. SmartIndia Hackathon 2019 – Team Backspace
Problem Statement: Developing a feasible solution to help farmers from lightning attacks
Proposed Solution: To build an android application that is capable of alerting the farmers three hours in advance to the occurrence of lightning. The alert is sent both through a normal android alarm notification, as well as an SMS service that is triggered along with the result of the prediction.
Word Done: The prediction of lightning is done using a mathematical thresholding of forecast parameters obtained for the given location. Both the forecast data and SMS communication has been done using third-party APIs.
Furthermore, the solution included collecting the location details and the phone number of the farmer in the first run of the app, after which the local app serves effectively as a weather-forecast application, while the Firebase Backend is responsible for making calls to the API service and trigger the notifications if necessary. This removes the necessity of the app running periodically in the user’s phone.
4. VIVID 2019 – Fourth National Level Project Contest
In another stellar show of their ingenuity, innovation and independent thinking, the Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) students of School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore campus, have won top honours at the “VIVID 2019-Vision Insight and Voices as India goes Digital” 4th National Level Project Contest conducted by the Department of Information Technology, SSN College of Engineering in association with Cognizant Technology Solutions at Chennai.
5. SmartIndia Hackathon 2018 – Team Exalt
Problem Statement: To develop a conversion scale which would convert the scaled mentioned in Ayurveda into modern day measures
Team Name: Exalt
Date & Venue of Hackathon: 30 and 31 March 2018 at Gurunanak Institute of Technology, Kolkata
What is our App and how is it unique?
Our App is used for converting Ayurvedic and ancient units to their modern day equivalents. In addition, we have multi-platform applications for a library system for resources of Ministry of AYUSH.
Some features are:
Our Technology stack:
Prize won at Hackathon:
First Prize – Other State (INR 1 lakh cash prize)
6. Anupam Rajanish,Yeshwant Sripathy , Krishna Rao , Sakthisree V , Sri Harsha Varahabatla , Keerthana Saravanamoorthy won First Prize Grand Finale Smart India Hackathon – 2018. Team Name: VISION, Title and Ministry: Devise a model to capture the components of cost of export: Cost to Export Index, Ministry of Economics and Commerce on 30.03.2018 and 31.03.2018 and received Rs. 1,00,000/- Cash Prize from Department of Commerce and Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt of India.
7. Eric Joseph, Prabaharan A S, Nikish Kumar S V, Siddharth Shanmuganathan, Sanjay Tharagesh R S, Abel Lesle won First Prize (Other State) award grand finale smart India Hackathon – 2018. Team Name: Exalt. Title and Ministry: An app/site for Ayurveda unit conversions approved by ISI and resources regarding those units under Ministry of AYUSH on 30.03.2018 and 31.03.2018 and received Rs. 1,00,000/- Cash Prize from Ministry of AYUSH.
8. Mr. Rajkumar S., a second-year B.Tech. student (2017-2021 batch) of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore campus, developed an Android App named “Amrita Repository”, which helps students from the campus to view or download the previous year question papers for the respective courses.
The app also facilitates the student to check their academic timetable and the faculty timetable. The app has got 1500+ downloads in
Google Play Store
9. Amrita student, Mr. Rishideep S. (final year BTech), Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore, developed an Android App, ‘Wall on”, which has been adjudged as one among the Top 10 Best Android Apps for July, 2017, by TechworkZ online global community of Android App developers.
10. The students Arvind P Jayan , Ajay Naarayanan , Aswesh T Anand , Ajay Naarayanan , Arjun Satish , M Yeshwanth Bharadwaj , Sourav Rajeev (2015-2019) were attended internship at various companies during their summer vacation – June 2017.
11. Sri Dattabudaraju, Rama Ganapathy, Vipin P.R, Sri Athithya Kruth B & Dhruv Saraswat was one of the top 30 innovations in Amrita TBI Innovation Challenge 2017 on 03.05.2017 at Amritapuri.
12. Gokul .K & Pooja R presented ”A Self – Switching Base Vector Selection Mechanism for Differential Mutation of Differential Evolution Algorithm” at 6th IEEE International conference on Communication and signal processing between 06.04.2017 to 08.04.2017.
13. Sreeram Ganesan, Vyas Giridharan, Shubham Maheshwari, Prasanth S, Shamika Kumar, Rama Ganapathy, got “Deloitte Innovation Award” in SMART INDIA HACKATHON April 2017, Trivandrum.
14. Saravanan Gowtham participated in Anokha Cubing Royale 2017 (Indian National 2017) and won First Place, Anokha April 2017.
15. Jayesh Poduval participated in Armageddon (7th Annual National Technical festival) & Football Manager’17 and secured first place, Anokha April 2017.
16. Aravind V participated in Football Manager’17 and secured First Place – Anokha April 2017.
17. Aravind V, M Sukrita participated in Analytics Sherlock, Anokha April 2017.
18. Keerthana S & Vinitha A, participated in Ethical Hacking and Cybercrime Investigation, Anokha April 2017.
19. M Sai Chandan, Sri Harsha & Gokul Kishan participated in Building an App Using Matlab and Simulink, Anokha April 2017.
20. Sri Ram & Aishwarya S participated in Amazon Web Services, Anokha April 2017.
21. Srijha Kalyan participated in Pencil Sketching & Painting and secured First Place in Talent Search, April 2017.
22. Jyothi Vaidyanathan & Kaavya S participated in Microsoft Azure Participated, Anokha April 2017.
23. Akkena Pallavi & Akkena Pavithra attended Internship training program at HAL-Helicopter Division, Bangalore April 2017.
24. Mandadi Manjukeshear Reddy attended Internship training program at JAIST April 2017.
25. Rupika Nilakant attended Internship training program –iSep April 2017.
26. Dharini & Pooja Smaran V participated in Ethical Hacking and Cybercrime Investigation, Anokha April 2017.
27. Kanimozhi N R participated in Analytics Sherlock, Anokha April 2017.
28. Sukrita Mohan & Dharini Siresh Mohan participated in Skit and secured First Place, Amritotsavam April 2017.
29. Shiny K participated in International Speech Contest and won second place which was conducted by Toastmasters club on 23.02.2017 and she awarded gold medal in various categories of swimming event During Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
30. Praveen AP, Sachin P, Phanidhar CH & Shanthosh D participated in Volleyball (Men) During Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
31. Siva Rama Krishnan.S, Hariharan.J, Aasha.A.R, Shree Varshni.G, Aravindh.R & Raghul.M selected (out of 10 teams) for SMART INDIA HACKATHON March 2017, for the Grand Finale scheduled on April 1& 2, 2017.
32. HariGuhan, Aravind T.J, Nimalan M, Shreya.S, Shiny K & Vignesh Prasad.S selected (out of 10 teams) for SMART INDIA HACKATHON March 2017, for the Grand Finale scheduled on April 1& 2, 2017.
33. Akash Sudershan participated (Tennis) during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
34. Anumolu Jagadeeswar, Shakhil Raghavendar L, Shashank R, Kodand Ram M, Prashanth Satish, participated (Cricket) during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
35. K Sooraj participated (Table Tennis) during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
36. Athithya J participated (Chess) during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
37. T.J.Viswashankar participated (Badminton) during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
38. K M Keerthana participated (Badminton) during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
39. K Niharika participated (Tennis) during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
40. Siddharth S, Rishi Mathur, Arjun Satish, participated (Football) during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
41. N Chandrasekara Bharathi, Shantam Bhuraria, K B Umachandran, Praveen Kumar M, Mukund T, Nihal Palani, participated (Hockey) during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
42. Viswa Tej, Selvamani, Vellaiyappan PL, Atheletics & Cross Country (Men), during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
43. D N Hari Prasath, K S Vivin Balaji, Basketball during Revels’17, the National Cultural and Sports Festival of Manipal Institute of Technology held from 08.03.2017 to 11.03.2017.
44. Sachin Kamath selected as Mentor for Google Summer of code Online.
45. Raakheshsubhash.A selected to attend the 8th University Scholars Leadership Symposium, in August at United Nations in Bangkok, Thailand.
46. Aakash C & Bernett Orlando of B.Tech CSE 2013 – 2017 participated in Yugam Programming Contest and won First Prize, 30K February 2017at KCT, Coimbatore.
47. Aishwaria P T of B.Tech CSE 2016 -2020 attended Bio-informatics Workshop and got Certificate of Appreciation at Shaastra 2017, IIT Madras. She got the Runner up in Table Tennis at Intra Mural Competitions, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham February 2017.
48. Shruthi V, Aishwarya Premdas and Akshaya K of B.Tech CSE 2015 – 2019 participated in Workshop Cloud Computing – Vortex’17 National level Technical Symposium and got Certificate of Appreciation, at Computer Science Association, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli on February 2017.
49. K S Gautam (Research Scholar) got Certificate of Merit in Online Quiz conducted by Thiagarajar College of Engineering 17.02.2017 – 21.02.2017.
50. J. Bernett Orlando awarded the TCS Best Student Award on February 2017.
51. Sathya Dev.S.V.P.K.H, RaamBalaji D, Sunil Dev Choudhary B and Vasanth Subramaniam presented a paper and got Certificate of Achievement in Advanced Computing & Communication Systems – ICACCS 2017 at Sri Eshwar College of Engineering, Coimbatore. (06.01.2017 – 07.01.2017).
52. K S Gautam got best paper award in Advanced Computing & Communication Systems – ICACCS 2017 at Sri Eshwar College of Engineering, Coimbatore.(06.01.2017 – 07.01.2017).
53. Divya M got best paper award in 4th International Conference on Computer Control and Communication Technologies (CCCT – 17), Malaysia on 06.01.2017.
54. Praveen Muraleedharan & Vidya Krishnamoorthy got certificate of achievement in International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (sixth edition – ICCCI-2017), January-2017 at Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology.
55. Sanjay Krishnan participated in Online Programming organized by Computer Society of India (CSI) and secured a credible 23rd place in the online contest wherein around 12,000 students participated from all over India including premier institutions such as IITs, BITS, NITs, Manipal, and Nirma etc. The testing partner for the programming contest was Reliscore.
56. RUPIKA NILAKANT (BTech Student)Presented a Poster Entitled Towards a Brain – activated and Eye – controlled wheel on International Conference on Robotics & Automation for Humanitarian Applications Raha 2016. During Dec 18-20 2016 at Amritapuri.
57. Shiny K.
58. Sree Vaishnavi Devi S (BTech Student)Throwball Winner, November 6 – 7, 2016.
59. Abishek SN (BTech Student)attended by Bosch Makethon 2016 on November 2016
60. Rupika Nilakant – Summer Research Fellowships 2016.
61. Sivakumaran C (BTech Student) Completed on-line non-credit course authorized course certificate by University of California, Santa Cruz Course offered through Course Era( Sept 29, 2016 )
62. Sachin S Kamath – Google Summer of Code 2016 Internships – with cash memo 500$.
63. Sivakumaran C (BTech Student) Treated fellow delegates in a diplomatic manner, and managed to SALW-age the Committee from wreckage, Representing Albania at the United Nations General Assembly-Disarmament and International Security Committee (UNGA-DISEC) Organized by UN Information Centre for India and Bhutan
64. Hariharan J/Raghul M/SivaRamakrishnan S (BTech Student) invited for finals @ IIT, Kanpur during Nov 10-13, 2016 and they secured 8th rank holder amongst top 15 teams in India or CTF Preliminary game in CSAW ( Cyber Security Awareness Week ) CTF ( Capture the flag ) Preliminary online game.
65. Sachin S Kamath (BTech Student) recieved Google Sponsorship-Fedora Project- Stipend $5500
66. MITHUNKUMAR SIVA received Thirukural Promotion award and which is honoured in the parliament house, New Delhi for their outstanding contribution to Thirukural Popularization among students and youth in December 2015.
67. Mr. Edwin Jegam, HR – Head Corporate Accounts TCS, presented the TCS Best Student Project Award 2016 to Srivenkata Krishnan S., Sundarrajan G., Kiran Kassyap S. of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, for the project titled, “A Robust Approach for Improving the Accuracy of IMU based Indoor Mobile Robot Localization”, guided by Dr. Vidhya Balasubramanian , Associate Professor, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore on 30th September 2016.
68. Kundavai Devi S ,Rhama L V , Sachin P C and Soundarya G BTech students of Department of CSE 2011-2015 batch won the TCS best project award.
The project was titled “Reducing the Cold-User and Cold-Item problem in Recommender system by densening the Sparse Matrix and addressing the Diversity-Accuracy Problem” guided by Bindu K R, Assistant Professor, Department of CSE. The award carried a Cash Prize and One Gold Medal for each student.
Mr.Kesavaswamy of TCS was the Chief Guest for the function. Dr. Mahadevan, Associate Dean, Dr. LathaParameswaran, Professor and Chairperson, Department of CSE, Dr. BhagavathySivakumar, Vice Chairman, Mr. N. R. Mohanan, Mr S. Srikanth, Mr. A. Balachandran, Dr. K. A. Narayanankutty, graced the occasion. Students presented this work in International Conference on Communication and Networks (ComNET 2016) conducted by CSI Ahmedabad Chapter, on February 20-21, 2016 in Ahmedabad.
Recommender Systems are a subclass of information filtering systems that seek to predict the preferences of a user or the preference that a user would give to an item. The most common problem faced by these systems is the lack of data. Such a situation leads to a matrix that is extremely sparse thus reducing the accuracy of prediction. Cold-start problem is one such problem that is faced by the recommender systems when a new user or a new item enters the system. We are hoping to reduce the cold-user and the cold-item problem by reducing the sparsityof the sparse matrix with the help of Iterative Local Least Squares algorithm and a hybrid of Heat Spreading algorithm and Probability Spreading algorithm.
69. The following B.Tech. Computer Science students were selected for Google Summer of Code (GSoC)2016 this summer with Fedora project,
70. Shiny k
71. Shiny K
72. Sarup Banskota ( CB.EN.U4CSE11045) co-authored GlitterGallery, a GitHub for open source designers. It was part of his Google Summer of Code with Fedora in 2013. It’s going to be used by designers from world over, who belong to organizations such as Fedora, Wikimedia and Gnome.
73. Sarup Banskota ( CB.EN.U4CSE11045) gave a talk on “The Grit Library by GitHub” at Garden City RubyConf 2014 and at the 2014 January Mysore RUG Meetup.
74. Sarup Banskota ( CB.EN.U4CSE11045) was a Product Design intern at Cleartrip in December, 2013, where he helped and analyzed the user traffic they receive.
75. G. Srikanth (CB.EN.U4CSE13255) is awarded Certificate of Appreciation for displaying good diplomatic and debating skills as the representative of Austria in UNGA-DISEC at the Young Leaders’ Global Conclave held on 25.01.2014-26.01.2014.
76. Voruganti Rajesh (CB.EN.U4CSE12158), Srinivasa Praneeth V. V. (CB.EN.U4CSE12154) and R.Ahobilam Chakravarthy (CB.EN.U4CSE12103) of II CSE participated in AppsFluxus-2014 National Android Apps Championship workshop on held from 30.01.2014 to 31.01.2014 at Dr.NGP Institute of Technology, Coimbatore organized by Finland Labs.
77. Ms. Bavya B.(CB.EN.U4CSE11207) participated in 2 days Android App Development workshop and won Zonal round of NADC 2013-14 at NSN college of Engineering and Technology official Zonal Center of National Android Development Championship 2013-14 held from 30.01.2014 to 31.01.2014 conducted by ARK Technosolutions & ACM IIT Delhi.
78. Meenakshi Sundaram Viswanathan (Roll No. CB.EN.U4CSE11030) will participate in LEAP-AXLR8R event to be held at San Francisco during 31st January 2014 to 20th May 2014.
79. Nivedhita S. was runner up in Stay Late & Code conducted by Amrita Bangalore.
80. Mrinal Purohit Y. won best app prize by Microsoft and also won best project demonstration award at Aicwic. He is the Kurukshetra Student Ambassador and Yappon Student Leader.
81. Suganth S. has won best Poster Award in womens conference, ‘Shakthi’ – 2013 and best Stall Award in AICWI, Shakthi 2013.
82. Vishvesh S. has won best stall award for Alpha – 17 game in AICWIC ‘Shakthi’ 2013.
83. Shyam K. has won first Prize in General Quiz held at PSGR Krishnammal on 4th February 2013 and first prize in General Quiz held at RVS Engineering College on 7th February 2013.
84. Seena Teresa George has won best Poster Award, AICWIC, 2013.
85. Aparna K, Student Partner of Cognizance 2013.
86. Ms. Manojna KSS and Ms. Sphoorthy S. of 2009-2013 batch B.Tech CSE won first prize for paper presentation at Tacheyons 2013 held at Sri Krishna College of Technology, Coimbatore on 22 February, 2013.
87. Mr. V. Vinoth and Mr. Rahul Goyal of 2010-2014 batch B.Tech CSE was adjudged as the winner of the 7th Edition of TopCoders, held at Adithya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 15 March, 2013.
88. Ms. Manojna KSS and Ms. Sphoorthy S. of 2009-2013 batch B.Tech CSE won first prize for paper presentation at Tacheyons 2013 held at Sri Krishna College of Technology, Coimbatore on 22 February, 2013.
89. Mr. V. Vinoth and Mr. Rahul Goyal of 2010-2014 batch B.Tech CSE was adjudged as the winner of the 7th Edition of TopCoders, held at Adithya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 15 March, 2013.
90. Ms. V. Deepthi, & Ms. Subathra K. (2010-2014 batch B.Tech CSE students) and Ms. N. Shabala (2011-2015 batch B.Tech CSE student) won first prize for Ideas for Future Contest at Shakti – College girls’ computing conference in 2nd Amrita International Conference of Women in Computing at Coimbatore campus on 10 January, 2013.
91. Mr. Ajith J., Mr. M. Niranjan and Ms. Sai Preethy M. S. of 2009-2013 batch B. Tech. CSE won first prize for their paper, ‘Computer vision based Indian language sign language character recognition’ in the paper presentation event of the 29th National Student Convention (NSC) of Computer Society of India (CSI) held at Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore on 15 and 16 March, 2013.
92. Ms. Meenakshy D., Ms. Manojna KSS and Ms. Sphoorthy S. of 2009-2013 batch B.Tech CSE secured won first prize for their paper, “Conversion of Braille to text and speech in English, Tamil and Hindi languages” in the Computer Science & Engineering paper presentation track for Vidyut 2013, the national techfest of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri campus held from 1 to 3 March, 2013. Another team from the same batch consisting of Mr. Ajith J., Mr. M. Niranjan and Ms. Sai Preethy M.S won second prize for their paper, ‘Computer vision based Indian language sign language character recognition.
93. Ms. Meenakshy D., Ms. Manojna KSS and Ms. Sphoorthy S. of 2009-2013 batch B.Tech CSE secured won first prize for their paper, “Conversion of Braille to text and speech in English, Tamil and Hindi languages” in the Computer Science & Engineering paper presentation track for Vidyut 2013, the national techfest of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri campus held from 1 to 3 March, 2013. Another team from the same batch consisting of Mr. Ajith J., Mr. M. Niranjan and Ms. Sai Preethy M.S won second prize for their paper, ‘Computer vision based Indian language sign language character recognition.
94. S. Manopriya of IV B. Tech. CSE received Sri SengodaGounder Scholarship Award by GKD Memorial Trust for the best Academic Performance.
95. Manish Kumar, Santhosh Kumar B., Santhosh P. and Sathyanarayanan S. won the TCS- Best Project Award – 2011 for their project titled Customizable Keyboard less Keyboard
96. Harikumar V. was runner up in Hexathlon in Anokha 2012.
97. Sofia F. received first prize In CSI Coding competition, Code Age.
98. Janaki Vinesh Joshi And Vyshali B. received second prize in Fesla, ACM Coding Contest, March2012.
99. Mr. Arun V. and Mr. Sabareesh K. of 2010-2014 batch B.Tech CSE won first place for Code-on event at Quasar 2012 at Karunya University on 12 September, 2012. They also secured second place for Code Quest for Epiphany 2012 at Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology on 28 September, 2012.
100. Boggaram Achyut Sarma received second prize in Amazing Race and has organized prize distribution in Anokha 2012.
101. Palghat Subramanian Srinath has won prize in Iikidol – Business Management Event in Kurukshetra, Anna University.
102. Mehul Kumar Y. and Vishal M. has won cash prize in IEEE Coding Contest, Oct 2012 and IEEE Coding Contest, August 2012.
103. Mr. Arun V. and Mr. Sabareesh K. of 2010-2014 batch B.Tech CSE won first place for Code-on event at Quasar 2012 at Karunya University on 12 September, 2012. They also secured second place for Code Quest for Epiphany 2012 at Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology on 28 September, 2012.
104. Karthik Subramanian, Chidambaram M., Sanjay Bharadhwaj V., Vishal M. has won cash prize in the Gaming Contest (Call Of Duty) held by ASTHA.
105. Kriti N was runner up in Stay Late & Code conducted by Amrita Bangalore.
106. Prashanth S., Suganth S., Vishvesh S. are the First Runners up with a cash prize of Rs 1,00,000 and Akash Agarwal, Ashwin Kumar S., Abhishek Rajvir are the Second Runners up with a cash prize of Rs. 30,000 at the Grand Finale -INSCRIBE event of Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Limited held at the Bangalore HQ on December, 2011.
107. Akshay M. S., Department of IT batch won third prize in Innovationer event at Shastra 2011, the national engineering techfest of IIT Madras held from 28 September to 2nd October, 2011.
108. The team consisting of Bhalaji N., Deebun Vignesh T., Jaani Francis N. and Vishwanath M. of III B.Tech CSE D batch was one of the Bright Idea award winners of Amrita TBI-TIDE innovation contest, 2011. They have been awarded Rs. 25,000/- to pursue their innovative idea.
109. Jaani Francis N., Vishwanath M., Udhaya Girish P. and Karthikeyan. participated in Asia Pacific region semi-finals of the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Amritapuri and Coimbatore campuses on 11 and 12 December, 2011. Mrs. K.R. Bindu was the faculty coach of this team.
110. Ms. Abinaya Balaji was adjudged as the second runner-up in the algorithm development technical event of the Grace Hopper Women in Computing International Conference at Bangalore from 14 to 16 December, 2011.
111. Ms. Parvathy R. won a prize in the marketing event for students in Grace Hopper Women in Computing International Conference at Bangalore from 14 to 16 December, 2011.
112. A team from the IT department came 8th in India and 265th worldwide in the grueling 24 hour IEEE Extreme Programming contest in October, 2011. The team consists of Sanjay Mahalingam, Utkarsh Umeshan Pillai and Aditya Shanker T. Another team consisting of Nivin Anton and Vikram Subash of II B.Tech CSE E batch came 17th. A team consisting of Swarop Kishen A. and G. Sreeram came 34th in India.
113. The following papers were presented at the Computer Society of India (CSI) Southern Regional Conference (SRC) held at Karunya University, Coimbatore on 22 and 23 March, 2011 by Final B.Tech IT Students
114. R. Padmalatha, L. Vishnu Karthik and Ashok Gautam M of Department of IT won first prize in TopCoders 2011, the 4th edition of the National Programming contest held at Aditya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 9 and 10 September, 2011. A team consisting of Nivin Anton, Mahender Reddy and Sai Ramkumar of II B.Tech CSE E batch won third prize in this event.
115. Akshay M. S., Department of IT batch won third prize in Innovationer event at Shastra 2011, the national engineering techfest of IIT Madras held from 28 September to 2nd October, 2011.
116. The following are the list of awards received by the students of IV B.Tech in ACM-W Conference (Amrita ACM-W Celebration of Women in computing) at the Coimbatore campus of AMRITA on 16th and 17th Sep. 2010:
117. Devaradhan M, Parameswaran B and Moses Jebaraj Martin secured second prize in the software programming contest for TopCoders 2010” held on 18 September, 2010.
118. Devaradhan M and Muralidharan T.U of IT Department won second prize for ‘Code Obfuscation” at 2nd CSI Tamil Nadu State-level Student Convention held on 26 February, 2010.
119. Devaradhan M, Parameswaran B, Moses Jebaraj Martin and Vimal M of IT Department won second prize in “Online Mobile Application project” competition for Kurukshetra 2010 held at Anna University, Chennai on 20 to 23 January, 2010.
120. Devaradhan M, Parameswaran B and Moses Jebaraj Martin, Department of IT won second prize in the Online Coding contest for Srishti 2010 organized by IEEE chapter at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore on 27 February, 2010.
121. Muralikrishnan S, of IT Department won third prize in the Networking event of Virtuoso at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore on 11 and 12 February, 2010.
122. Devaradhan M, Parameswaran B and Moses Jebaraj Martin secured first prize in the hardware assembling and programming contest for Futura 2010, held at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam from 3 to 5 September, 2010.
123. Balagopal R. of 2010 batch was awarded the Huygens Scholarship in May 2010 and also an opportunity to complete a two years Masters’program at Vrije University (VU) in Amsterdam.
124. Gowtham S. has been recognized by “The Hindu” paper dated 28th May 2010, Coimbatore edition, for the article “Introduction of new Calligraphy style (Ambigrams) to Tamil language”
125. Gowtham S., Manjunath N. M. organized Introduction of Tamil Ambigrams and its applications & Dual Language Ambigram stall at World Tamil meet Conference, Coimbatore from June 23 – 27,2010.
126. The paper, “Tracking of nose tip: An alternative to mouse” authored by Gireesh Kumar T, K. J. Poornaselvan, Sattvik Sharma, Gulshan Kumar and Sreevathsan R won Best Paper award in the 2nd International Conference on Data Engineering and Management (ICDEM 2010) held at Trichy from 29 to 31 July, 2010.
127. Gowtham S., RamKishore M. V., Suriya P. and Raghunath N. of 2010 batch won the TCS Best Project Award – 2010 for their project titled CMMS – Cloud Management and Monitoring Suite
128. Divya Natesan of 2009 batch won the Best Student Performer Award of the Indian Internship Programme 2009 by Infosys, Mysore on 20th May 2009.
129. Ms. Meenakshi Amirtharaj, student of 2006-2010 B.Tech Information Technology was one of the three participants from India, who attended the Grace Hopper celebration for the International Conference on “Women in Computing 2009” held at Tuscon, Arizona, USA from 30th September to 3rd October, 2009.
130. In the 1st Tamil Nadu State Level Computer Society of India (CSI) Student Branch Convention 2009, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham emerged the “Champion University” and won the Rolling trophy sponsored by Hindu for overall performance.
131. Mr. Vignesh K.B, Department of IT won second prize for the following events :Logical Network Design, Packet Tracer Simulation, Web Design in the networking symposium, “Cisco Netwarz 2009” at Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore.
132. Ms. Sowmya P and Ms. Swathi Kalaivani won third prize for “Networking Quiz” in “Cisco Netwarz 2009”
133. Ms. Alekya Y and Mr. Sunil Kumar won second prize for “Packet Tracer Simulation” in “Cisco Netwarz 2009”
134. Ms. B. Anusha won third prize prize for “Packet Tracer Simulation” in “Cisco Netwarz 2009”
135. Mr. Balaji D won first prize for “Network Terminology” event in “Cisco Netwarz 2009”
136. Gowtham S. of 2008 batch has been recognized by The Hindu paper dated 28th May 2010, Coimbatore edition, for the article Introduction of new Calligraphy style (Ambigrams) to Tamil language
137. Mr. Praveen Kumar R., Mr. Ragesh R. Santhanam and Mr. Srivathsan K. of 2006 batch won the Microsoft Best Project Prize. The prize which carries a citation and cash prize of Rs. 75,000/-, was given for their project entitled iTRUST – An End to End Trust Based Model for Access Control
138. Amrita alumni, Kaustubh Beedkar was recently awarded PhD fellowship from the prestigious Max-Planck Institute, Germany. Kaustubh finished his B. Tech. in Information Technology from Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore, India in 2007 and later attended Georgia Institute of Technology, USA for his Master’s degree in Computer Science in 2008.
139. Students of Department of IT, Niranjan M. and Saipreethy M. S. presented a poster “An Intelligent Question Answering Conversational Agent using Naive Bayesian Classifier” in the International Conference on Technology Enhanced Education (ICTEE)
140. Wallon –https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.rishideep.wallon
No of installs : 100,000+
Rating : 4 stars
Developed by : S Rishideep (CB.EN.U4CSE14142)
Android Faculty : Jevitha KP
A wallpaper app for the Android device serving images from Unsplash.com . It is a one-stop destination for high-resolution pictures. Wall On is developed/designed by keeping all Google’s new material design principles and API guides. Unsplash API is the most powerful photo engine in the world. By using the API, the app creates the largest collection of high-quality photographs.
141. Pocket Education – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stackdevs.apprenons
No of installs : 5,000+
Rating : 4.7 stars
Developed by: Amit Mundada (CB.EN.U4CSE14406)
Android Faculty : Ritwik M
142. Newsified – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=newsified.com.adsol.newsified
No of installs : 100+
Rating : 4.9 stars
Developed by: M Aditya Narayana Sarma (CB.EN.U4CSE15102)
Android Faculty : Dr. Dhanya NM
Newsified is a cutting edge news app that presents the Top News and Latest Headlines from various sources like The Times of India ,The Hindu, BBC News, The Wall Street Journal to know what’s happening in and around the World. Newsified is powered by newsapi.org one of the most powerful and efficient news API.
143. Appointment Manager
No of installs : 10+
Rating : 4.9 stars
Android Faculty : Ms.Jevitha KP
An android app that lets faculty manage appoinments for students to meet them integrated with the faculty’s calendar. Allows people to request appointments and lets the faculty approve it. The app also aims at avoiding conflicts between appointments when requesting/approving.
No of installs : 10+
Rating : 4.9 stars
Android Faculty : Ms.Jevitha KP
The app makes programming on a mobile device fast and easy. Complete with language-specific custom keyboards for popular programming languages like Python, C , C++ and Java along with variable tracking. It helps to easily participate in contests on major coding platforms on fast custom tabs while seamlessly switching between the editor. Supports operations such as save, share and edit for common code snippets. The built-in keyboard supports custom keys that can be configured from user-specific keywords to large commonly used code blocks and also a column that tracks and stores variable names for fast coding. With safe and secure Firebase Authentication and database storage to maintain saved files of user code, organized by language and easy to use lists of cards that can be saved, modified, deleted and shared overall popular media. The app supports contrasting light and dark themes that adapt system-wide theme and user profile complete with profile photo store in Firebase storage, usage of the ambient light sensor to suggest dark/light theme to use and Google maps API for quick access to user location on maps.
No of installs : 100+
Rating : 5 stars
Android Faculty : Ms.Jevitha KP
As the name suggests this app provides a variety of recipes.
This provides recipes in three formats:
1. Recipes in random order/ Alphabetical and can be searched in search bar to get th recipes in text format and displays in a tabbed activity
2. Recipes seen is more understandable than reading, so recipe videos are available for 70+ items
3. Most of the users prefer to watch the step by step as an image and instruction in text. So, users can prefer that for around 700+ items. For all the steps mentioned, the main motive is to provide healthy indian recipes and all are vegetarian items. For image step by step instruction mode, users can find sweets, desserts, breakfast, dinner, snacks and many more…
146. Disable Touch
No of installs : 1000+
Rating : 5 stars
JODISS TRIBHU – CB.EN.U4CSE18327
Have you ever been in a situation where you have been irritated due to the accidental clicks when the phone is in your pocket? Have you ever wished to listen to football matches or movies while you were walking?
Then this app is the perfect solution to solve the problem. “Disable Touch” lets the user disable the screen touch whenever required to avoid accidental clicks.
-Automatically detects phone calls and re-enables touch if disabled.
-It can be used over any video streaming app like Netflix, YouTube to listen to your favorite videos even when your phone is in your pocket without the worry of accidental touches.
-To avoid ghost touch issues.
-It can help you to trace the drawing by keeping the image still.
-It can be used while cooking to avoid the need to touch the phone as it keeps the video running even without touch.
-To avoid disrupting the GPS display when your phone is mounted on the dashboard for a map-guided journey.
147. Voice Your Alarm
No of installs : 1000+
Rating : 4.2 stars
JODISS TRIBHU – CB.EN.U4CSE18327
Does your Alarm clock drive you crazy in the morning? Does it frustrate you to wake up to a particular alarm ringtone everyday.
Voice your alarm is an unique app which allows you to wake up to your favorite voices of your friends, family and even your role-models. You just have to record the voice using the in-built audio recorder and keep it as a ringtone for your alarm. You can even preview it with the media player present in the Voice Your Alarm app.
-In-built Audio Recorder
-In-built Media Player
-Repeat alarm every week on certain days
-Vibrate Mode option for setting up an Alarm
-Snooze Notification for setting up an Alarm
-Simple User Interface Design
-Swipe to delete Alarms or Recordings
148. Bubble Hunter game
No of installs : 10+
Rating : 4.8 stars
B Sai Nikhil Reddy – CB.EN.U4CSE18010
CVS Siddhartha – CB.EN.U4CSE18013
J Ganapathi Subramanyam – CB.EN.U4CSE18016
V Ravi teja – CB.EN.U4CSE18062
Bubble Hunter is a game and it will work as follows:
When we try to enter the game, the application will ask the user to authenticate gmail or to enter the email id of the user. When the user successfully gets authenticated to gmail, the application will show a small toast message that he/she got authenticated successfully.
Then the user will experience a fish game and the fish has to collect as many as bubbles to get the high score and the score will be recorded on top right of the game.
The fish shouldn’t touch the red bubbles and has 3 lives, visible on the screen gets reduced one by one.if all the lives are gone,the game will be finished. Then the application will ask whether he/she could restart the game as per their interest.
149. Team Tarak Trust App
No of installs : 10,000+
Rating : 5 stars
Developed by: Sudheer Bezawada CB.EN.U4CSE18309
Team Tarak is a friendly fraternity of NTR fans who are committed to make a difference. Our mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of the homeless, hungry, mentally ill and needy. Come Join Us. Keep an eye out for our next event and lets put a smile on some more faces together.This app is an web view of teamtaraktrust website hope you all keep supporting us and tarak too…
App Features :-
– Donate to Trust
– World Wide Trust Dis
– Past charity Events
– Upcoming Charity Events
– Events images
– Events Videos
– Events Locations in Google Maps
– Join in our what”s app group
– Our social media platforms – facebook,twitter,instagram,youtube
– About Trust
– About Developer
Student foreign exchange programme
BTech CSE 2016 – 20 Batch
Batch Coordinator: Dr. S. Padmavathi
DGIST Research Internship for Undergraduates