Applicable to those who have studied under a system other than CBSE/ ICSE / State Board
Candidates who have studied under a system different from CBSE/ ICSE /State Boards, should obtain preferably 'A' grade (or equivalent) in 'A' level examination or its equivalent. Students who have taken Advance Placement Courses will have preference. Candidates should have studied Biology, Physics and Chemistry in Grade 11 and Grade 12.Such candidates should also obtain an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, AIU House, 16. Comd. Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg), New Delhi, India. Visit their www.aiu.ac.inwebsite for details.
ELIGIBILITY NORMS (M.Sc. Biotechnology, M. Sc. Microbiology, M. Sc. Bioinformatics)
Candidates must have passed bachelors degree (10+2+3 system ) in any discipline of science including Mathematics, Engineering or Medicine with an aggregate of minimum 60% marks. A Background of Biology preferred for M. Sc. Biotechnology and Microbiology and for M. Sc. Bioinformatics background in Mathematics or Computer Science preferred.
Applicable to those who have studied under foreign universities
These candidates should get an Equivalence Certificate from The Association of Indian Universities, AIU House, 16. Comd. Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg), New Delhi, India. For details, Visit www.aiu.ac.in.
For UG Course: Selection is based on the marks obtained in the qualification examination followed by personal interview. For PG Course: Selection is based on the performance in the evaluation test and personal interview conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Admission Procedure for International Admissions
- Interested candidates need to register their names and choice of branch / campus with the Directorate of Corporate and Industry Relations (CIR) by filling Student Information Form (SIF) and payment of USD 300 by a Demand Draft in favour of ‘Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham’. Latest Student Information Form can be requested from CIR by sending an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.Copies of certificates/mark sheets (10th & 12th for UG courses and Degree certificates/mark sheets for PG courses) should also be submitted along with the SIF. For Health Sciences: Interested candidates may send an email with details attaching the mark sheets/transcripts of the qualifying examination (10th/12th ) to email@example.com.
- Duly completed and signed SIF should be sent by post / courier to Office of the Admission Coordinator, Corporate and Industry Relations, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritanagar P.O., Ettimadai, Coimbatore, PIN-641 112, Tamil Nadu, India
- On receipt of SIF along with the attachments as mentioned above and other relevant details will be sent to the candidate/parent by CIR to their Communication Address mentioned in the SIF.
- Candidates who studied a syllabus other than CBSE / ICSE / Indian State Boards should procure an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. Further details can be obtained from www.aiu.ac.in
- Intimation of marks of qualifying examination (as and when available) should be done by email or Fax. International students whose results are likely to be delayed can send predicted results from their respective school. Our fax number is: 91-422-2652125.
- Submission of Original Documents:The following documents are to be submitted at the time of final admission at the respective institutions
- Original mark sheet/ certificate of the qualifying examination( +2)
- Translated versions of all documents, if they are not in English
- Passport with a valid student visa ( as applicable, not applicable to NRI-S candidates )
- Copy of PIO/OCI card of parents / candidate ( as applicable )
- Employer certificate of the parent sponsoring the candidate
- NRI status certificate of the parent sponsoring the candidate
- Equivalence Certificate by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi (AIU) (as applicable)
- Medical fitness certificate
- Executing an undertaking duly countersigned by Parent/ Guardian
- DD as applicable (At the time of admission you are required to pay, additional fees towards
Hostel and Mess charges. These additional fees should be remitted only by bank draft in Indian Rupees. Only after the admission formalities are completed, students will be permitted to move into the allotted hostels)
- Amrita Entrance Hall Ticket/ Score Card of relevant exam (as applicable)
- Medical Certification:International students will have to undergo a medical examination as per government rules which stipulate that all international students entering India on student visa have to be tested for HIV/others. Students will not be given admission if found positive (Refer UGC guidelines for admission of international students)
- Security Registration: It is part of the normal mandatory process that within the stipulated time frame of arrival in India, an international student has to register his/her name with the local police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO). This is not applicable to NRI and OCI students.
Note: The above guidelines are only indicative and not necessarily complete. All international students have to comply with the rules and regulations already in force or may be promulgated by the competent authority of the Government of India or the University during the tenure of the course that they are pursuing
For registration form / answer to any further queries, please contact - firstname.lastname@example.org