Activities at Department of Civil Engineering, Bengaluru Campus
WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS / CONFERENCES ATTENDED
- Shankara participated in a Two-Week ISTE workshop on Engineering Mechanics at IIT Bombay from 26th Nov 06th Dec 2013.
- Ms Smita Singh attended one week Coordinator’s workshop on Engineering Mechanics at IIT Bombay from 16th September 2013 to 20th September 2013
- Mr Shankara attended One day work shop on “Urban water management” organized by Dept. Of Civil Engineering BMS college of Engineering, Bangalore on 23rd March 2013.
- Mr Shankara attended Two day work shop on “Research methodologies and Latex” organized by VTU e-learning centre at K.S School of Engineering and Management, Bangalore on 1st and 2nd June 2012.
- Ms Smita Singh attended a technical talk on “Development of Geopolymer Concrete ” by Prof. V. Rangan, Curtin University, on 28th December 2010 at BMS college of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Ms Smita Singh presented an invited talk on “Green Building Regulations” at Institution of Engineers, Bangalore on 25th September 2010.
- Ms Shali S attended a “Short term Course on Finite Element Modelling of Reinforced Concrete Structures” at IIT Chennai from 12th Oct to 16th Oct 2009.
- Ms Shankara attended 35th ISTE Annual Convention and National Seminar on the theme“Disaster, Prediction, Prevention & Management” at Bapuji Institute of Engineering & Technology, Davangere from 15th to 17th Dec 2005.
- Two-Week ISTE Workshop on Engineering Mechanics from 26/11/2013 to 6/12/2013 ,under the National Mission on Education through ICT(MHRD,Govt of India) conducted by IIT Bombay was co-ordinated by Ms.Smitha Singh and Research centre co-ordinator Dr.G.B.Veeresh at Amrita school of Engineering, Bengaluru campus from 26/11/2013 to 6/12/2013.
The workshop is a part of the project of National Mission on Education through ICT, supported by MHRD. Under this project called “Empowerment of Students & Teachers through Synchronous & Asynchronous Instruction. The participating teachers attended the workshop and also attended tutorial and lab sessions conducted at the Amrita. The lecture transmission and live interaction took place through distance mode using the AVIEW technology and the internet.
The valedictory programme was hosted by Amrita School of Engineering,Bangalore. Prof. U.N. Gaitonde from IIT Bombay had presided over the function. The chief guest for the event was Prof. V.S. Chandrasekaran from IIMB. The 2 hour event was telecasted to over 200 remote centres all over India.