After days of mulling over the best innovation across Amrita Campuses Amrita TBI is proud to announce Prashanth Reddy, 4th year ECE student, Bangalore campus, as the winner.
He bagged the award for the mobile app Startup Query. This app is a central hub for a startup ecosystem, brings startups together and is a place for startups to discuss, engage, collaborate and learn. This provides resources for startups to grow faster and in a sustainable way.
By reaching around 17000 students across all three campuses, Amrita TBI-TIDE innovation challenge is in the forefront of identifying top innovative technologies. This challenge gives young minds an opportunity for creative thinking, problem solving, decision making and team working skills. The goal is to learn and develop critical thinking, entrepreneurial skills, get exposure to state of the art technologies, interact with experts to refine one's understanding and approach to solving challenges that face humankind. Each winning team gets a Rs.3000 cash award and up to Rs.50,000 in a seed grant to implement their idea, and the top winner gets Rs.5, 00,000 as seed investment to build a start-up.
Amrita TBI has been running this innovation challenge since 2011 and every year there has been steep increase in number of participants. This program has yielded 1 patent and 25 innovative products and three start-ups so far. This year (2015-16) this contest is going to be held in January 2016.Please check our Facebook for more info.
Besides winning Amrita TBI-TIDE innovation contest, Prashanth Reddy has also won these awards:
- Selected in Top 20 in Facebook Internet.org Innovation Challenge.
- Winner of Sequoia Hackathon 2014
- University Mobile Challenge, International contest. One of the 14 finalists. Went to the final round, held in Barcelona, Spain.
- Winner, App Idea Challenge 2014 By Snyxius.
- Developed 30 SMS apps, and awarded as one time developer of the month and 3 times developer of the week and won 4 contests conducted by txtweb.
- People choice title for #Google SMS app.
- Runner up in In50hrs hackathon by Nasscom and Google for Entrepreneurship.