Dr. Sowmya V. currently serves as Assistant Professor (Sr.Gr) at Amrita Center for Computational Engineering and Networking (CEN), Coimbatore Campus.
- Recipient of Best Session Award for organizing the Special Session on “Artificial Intelligence for Smart Healthcare” in the World Conference in Virtual Format on “Congress on Intelligent Systems (CIS-2020) conducted by Soft Computing Research Society in association with Springer Publications during September 05 - 06, 2020.
- Received "Women In AI Leadership Awards 2019 (Only Academician among the winners)" sponsored by Jigsaw Academy, during the one day Conference, "The Rising 2019" on Women in Analytics and AI, organized by the Analytics India on March 8, 2019 at Taj Hotel, Bangalore.
- Awarded with Deep Learning Instructor Ambassadorship Grant by NVIDIA (December 2018).
- Invited Speaker by Premier National Institutes to deliver lectures on “Deep Learning and its Applications in Image Processing”.
- Organizer of the “Special Session on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Applications (AIML)”, in the Scopus Indexed Springer International Conferences.
- Recipient of several National Awards for Teaching and Research.
- Author of more than 100 Scopus Indexed Publications in the area of Machine Learning and Deep Learning applied to Signal and Image Analysis, attained through M.Tech Projects Guidance.
- International Level Collaborator with University of Wyoming in the research area of “Image Analysis and Drones”.
Webinars Delivered during COVID 2020
- Session on “Artificial Intelligence for HealthCare” in the Short Term Training Program (STTP) on “Biomedical Systems Design using Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning” sponsored by AICTE, Delhi and organized by Biomedical Engineering and Technology Incubation Center, Nagpur and Department of Artificial Intelligence, G.H.Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur on September 9, 2020.
- Session on “Efficacy of Artificial Intelligence” hosted by the Department of Computer Science, and Engineering, KMEA engineering College, Kerala in association with Computer Society of India on June 8, 2020.
- Session on “Expert View on Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (Courses after 12th exam)” hosted by Shiksha.com belongs to Info Edge (India) Ltd, the owner of established brands like Naukri.com, 99acres.com, Jeevansathi.com on May 15, 2020.
- Session on “Efficacy of Artificial Intelligence” hosted by the Department of Mathematics with Computer Applications, Shri Nehru Maha Vidyalaya College of arts and Sciences and Institute of Management, affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore on May 6, 2020.
Outcome of Internal Seed Funding
Received the internal seed fund (IFRP_4) which paved the way for International Collaboration with University of Wyoming. This progressed to the joint International Conference Publication in the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote sensing (ASPRS) held at Denver, 2019. [Link]
- Programmer Analyst Trainee at Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai (August 2010 -June 2011).
- Assistant Professor, Center for Excellence in Computational Engineering and Networking, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, (July 2011-till date).
- Successfully defended her Ph. D. Thesis titled, "Significance of Incorporating Chrominance Information for Scene Classification" on July 2018 under the supervision of Dr. D. Govind, Assistant Professor (SG), CEN, and Dr. K. P. Soman, Professor & Head, CEN, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Promoted as Assistant Professor (Senior Grade) on November 2015.
- Artificial Intelligence for HealthCare Analytics
- Smart Agriculture Applications Using Drones
- Color Image Processing
- Hyperspectral Image Processing
- Pattern Classification
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Bio-Medical Signal Processing
- Bio-Medical Image Processing
- Image Analysis using Drones
Active Reviewer in the following SCI Indexed Journals
- ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (Elsevier).
- Computers and Electronics in Agriculture (Elsevier).
- Computer and Information Sciences (Elsevier).
- Neural Networks (Elsevier).
- Remote Sensing Letters (Taylor & Francis).
- Signal, Image and Video Processing (Springer).
- Digital Signal Processing (Elsevier).
- International Journal of Image and Data Fusion.
- Applied Soft Computing (ASOC).
- Information Sciences.
- Journal of King Saud University, Computer and Information Sciences (JKSUCI).