Research @ School of Business , Coimbatore
In an era where knowledge creation and applied research is being acknowledged as the primary basis for the development and growth of society, ASB is also moving in the same direction.
Amrita is one of the few B-Schools in the country where a doctoral Program in Management is offered. The doctoral Program was started by ASB with a view to encouraging the aspiring scholars to take up research in the country. The first batch of the doctoral Program was commenced in 2009.
The ASB faculty has over the years published in some of the top peer reviewed international journals of their respective fields. This list includes Annals of Operation Research, European Journal of Operations Research, International Journal of Applied Economics and Econometrics, International Journal of Operations Research, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Systems Science, OPSEARCH, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of International Business Studies, Academy of Management, Academy of Management Review, Long Range Planning, and Leadership and Organizational Development Journal.
Recent Intellectual Output
Journal Research Manuscripts, Conference Proceedings, Submissions to Journals, Books, Book Chapters, Cases and Other writings
- Gurumurthy Kalyanaram, Hao Chen, David L. Ford Jr., and Rabi S. Bhagat. Boundary conditions for turnover intentions: Exploratory evidence from China, Jordan, Turkey, and the United States, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 2011.
- Gurumurthy Kalyanaram and John Phelan. Effects of Direct to Consumer Advertising of Prescription Drugs on Prices, Journal of Business and Economic Studies, 2011.
- Gurumurthy Kalyanaram, Sunanda Muralidharan, Review of the book, Nudge, published by Penguin Books, authored by Richard Thaler and Cass Sustain,2011.
- Gurumurthy Kalyanaram, Deepak Gupta, The effect of direct advertising to Consumers(DTCA) on Market Share and Quantity in pharmaceutical drugs, and Consumer Welfare, MBAA Conference, Chicago, March 2011.
- Gurumurthy Kalyanaram, Balasubramanian P, The Effect of Direct Advertising to Consumers (DTCA) in Prescription Pharmaceutical Drugs, and Consumer Welfare, Conference Proceedings Northeast Business & Economics Association, New Jersey, 2010.
- Vivek Menon, Jayaraman B, Vovindaraju V., Three R's of Cyber-Physical Spaces, IEEE Computer, 2011 (in print).
- Vivek Menon, Jayaraman B, Vovindaraju V., Spatio-Temporal Reasoning in Biometrics Based Smart Environments, To appear in Proc. Of 2nd International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT-2011), Elsevier Science, Ontario, Canada, 2011.
- Sushantha Kumar Mahapatra, Intricacies of Water Resource Management and Development Discourse Paradigm in Orissa, Asian Economic Review, forthcoming 2011.
- Sudhakar Achath and Shashank Shekher Singh, Open Sourse Software for SP: Using Python 3.0 and Sage 4.4.2, 12th International Conference proceedings on Stochastic Programming, Cananda 2011. .
- Rathi N., Rastogi, R., & Rangnekar, S. Quality of Work Life, Organizational Commitment, and Psychological Well-Being: A Study of the Indian Employees, International Journal of Contemporary Business Studies, Vol. 2 No. 5, pp. 16-28, 2011.
- Rathi N. Relationship of Quality of Work Life with Employees’ Psychological Well-Being, International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation Vol. 3 No. 1, pp. 53-60, 2010.
- Rani Geetha Priyadarshini R. A Study on the Influence of Emotional Intelligence on Self Monitoring Using Structural Equation Modeling. International Journal of Management Prudence, Volume No: 1, March 2010.
- Sunil Puliyakot. Asset Price Bubbles, The Why and How. Chartered Financial Analyst, August 2009.
- Sunil Puliyakot. Geithner‐Summers Plan – Setting a Bad Precedent? Chartered Financial Analyst, May 2009.
- Soumyaja Devi, T. J. Kamalanabhan, S. Bhattacharyya, Development of a Situational Judgement Inventory for measuring Practical Intelligence, Indore Management Journal,2011.
- Soumyaja Devi, T. J. Kamalanabhan, S. Bhattacharyya, Employee readiness for change: The facilitating role of process and contextual factors International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation, 2011.
- Soumyaja Devi, T. J. Kamalanabhan, S. Bhattacharyya, An empirical study on the role of context factors in employees commitment to change, International Journal of Learning and Change, 2011.
- Rani Geetha Priyadarshini R., Eye care for All: a case on Aravind Eye Care Systems, Society for Human Resource Management Case Collection (SHRM, USA), 2011.
- Dr. Rani Geetha Priyadarshini R., Roadmap to TQM implementation among Indian SMEs, Indian Journal of Technical Education, promoted by Indian Society of Technical Education, 2011.
- Dr. Sudhakar Achath, Portfolio Optimization with Risk, Return, and Tracking Error Criteria, Tenth International Conference on Operations and Quantitative Management, Nashik, 2011.
- Dr. Gurumurthy Kalyanaram, China and India Growth Models and Approaches: Paradoxes, Insights and Outcomes, Business Mandate Women 25X7, Madras Management Association's Special Issue. pp,15-18, 2011.
- Rathi N., Saxena S., & Kumar A., Influence of Employee Well-Being on Organizational Commitment. In R. Srivastava, V. Agrawal, & S. Singh (Eds.), Organizations in the New Millennium: Challenges and Opportunities (pp. 182-187). New Delhi: Macmillan Publishers, 2011.
- Rani Geetha Priyadarshini R., Roadmap to TQM implementation among Indian SMEs, Indian Journal of Technical Education, Indian Society of Technical Education.
- Rani Geetha Priyadarshini R., A Study on the relationship between Emotional Intelligence, Organizational Culture and Impression Management, Journal of Contemporary Research in Management, Volume No: 5, No.2, June 2010.
- Ramu Krishnamurthi, Treatment of Interest on Borrowings in Financial Accounting and Income Tax in Taxation. Chartered Accountant, December 2009.
- Rathi N., Neerpal and Renu Rastogi, Assessing the Relationship between Emotional Intelligence, Occupational Self Efficacy and Organizational Commitment, Journal of Indian Academy of the Applied Psychology, Volume No: 35, October 2009.
- Dr. Rani Geetha Priyadarshini R., Prospects of Semi Conductor Industry ‐ with reference to India, Udyog Pragati ‐The Journal for Practicing Managers, Volume No: 33, July ‐ September, 2009.
Books, Book Chapters and Reports
- Shobhana Madhavan, Cross-cultural Management Concepts and Cases, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2011.
- Vachhrajani Hardik B., and Vachhrajani Bhadrayu V., Quality and Innovation in Higher Education, Shree Niwas Publications, India, 2011.
- Meera E., Punithavathy Pandian, Investments Management for MBA, Krishna Kant Handiqui State Open University, Guwahati, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. 2011.
- Rajiv Prasad, Generating Happiness at the Workplace for Optimal Performance, Lambert Academic Publishing House, Germany, IN PRESS.
- Rathi N., & Jain R., Quality of Work Life (QWL), Organizational Commitment, and Employee Well-Being: Exploration of the Relationship. In D. Chatterjee, M. Dhal, & T.N. Krishnan (Eds.), HR and Leadership Challenges for Businesses in India, New Delhi: Macmillan, 2011.
- Jyotishi Amalendu, M. D. Sigi, and M. G. Deepika, The Role of Microfinance in Poverty Alleviation and Women Empowerment: The Case of Kudumbashree in Kerala is published in Daniel Lazar, Saravanan and Malabika Deo edited Embodiment of Empowerment: Self Help Group, Vijay Nicole Imprints Pvt. Ltd.
- Neerpal Rathi and Jain R., Quality of Work Life (QWL), Organizational Commitment and Employee Well-Being: Exploration of the Relationship In D. Chatterjee, M. Dhal, & T. N. Krishnan (Eds.), HR and Leadership Challenges for Businesses in India, Macmillan, New Delhi.
- Sanjay Banerji, Rajiv Prasad, and Sunil Puliyakot, Submitted a Chapter, Quality Assurance in Higher Education: Role of Accreditation, An Anthology on Quality in Higher Education, Shree Niwas Publications, Jaipur, 2011.
- Amalendu Jyothishi, Report on Urban Agriculture: A Sustainable Solution to Alleviating Urban Poverty, Addressing the Food Crisis, and Adapting to Climate Change: A case study of Bengaluru, Submitted to International Water Management Institute.
- Sahay Mridula, Appropriateness of Red Ocean, Blue Ocean and Purple Ocean published in edited book title Strategic Management: National and Global Perspectives, India Publisher, New Delhi, 2010.
Research Guidance in other Universities
Two Faculty members - Dr.Sanjay Banerji and Dr.Priyadarshini-are acting as guides for PhD scholars in other universities.