Research, Paper Presentation and Publication at School of Arts & Sciences, Kochi
RESEARCH - THE FORCE BEHIND THE ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
One of the most important driving forces behind the earnest attempt to reach heights of academic brilliance at the institute has been the ongoing research activity. In their endeavour to enrich knowledge in contributing towards quality education, faculty members in all departments have been doing consistent research work.
Some of the faculty members are presently working towards gaining their Ph. D. degree. Faculty members have contributed papers at the National and International venues. They used to regularly attend conferences to gain more deeper understanding of their research areas. School strongly believes in the dictum that knowledge grows when shared and encourages faculty members to do so.
AREAS OF RESEARCH
|DEPARTMENT||RESEARCH AREA / TOPIC||FACULTY|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE||Classification Techniques for Large Data Sets||Dr. M. V. Judy|
|Cloud Computing: Optimization in Databases||Dr. U. Krishnakumar|
|Visualization Techniques for Biological Databases||Dr. M. V. Judy|
|Cryptography in Databases||Dr. Vergheese Paul (CUSAT)|
|Mapping Genotype to Phenotype using Soft Computing Techniques||Dr. M. V. Judy|
|MATHEMATICS||Time Series Analysis of Indian Monsoon||Dr. A. N. Balchand
Dr. K. V. Pramod (CUSAT)
|MATHEMATICS & COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT
|Optimization in Supply Chain Logistics||Dr. A. S. Ambily|
|COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT||Impact of Bank Amalgamation on the Banking Services||Dr. A. S. Ambily|
|Total Quality Management in Collegiate Education - A study at the M. G. University and its affiliated
Arts and Science colleges
|Dr. Rajagopala Nair
(M. G. University)
|Commodification of Technology -'Mobile phone as an essential commodity among working class'
– A Case Study
|Dr. A. S. Ambily|
|VISUAL MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION||In search of strange loops and meaningless symbols in post modern art and literature||Dr. P. P. Vijayalekshmi
Prof. Vijayakumara Menon
|ENGLISH AND LANGUAGES||Cultural motifs in Epistemological Transition||Dr. T. K. Pius (Bharathiar)
|Literary Theory, Film Studies||Dr. K. Sreena|
|VISUAL COMMUNICATION & COMPUTER SCIENCE
|Development of Visual Tools for Effective Science Communication||Dr. P. P. Vijayalekshmi
Dr. U. Krishnakumar
|PROJECT||DURATION||FUNDING AGENCY||FUND RECOMMENDED||PRINCIPLE INVESTIGATOR||CO-INVESTIGATORS|
|Development of a computational tool, algorithms for
gene-finding, mapping of genotype – phenotype based onclassification of clinical data for Autism spectrum disorder
|3 Years||Cognitive Science Research Initiative Programme
Department of Science and Technology (CSI-DST)
Government of India
|Rs. 18, 80,400.00||Dr. M. V. Judy||Dr. U. Krishnakumar
Dr. K. P. Vinayan
A. G. Hari Narayanan
- A. G. Hari Narayanan, U. Krishnakumar, and M. V. Judy, “An Enhanced MapReduce Framework for Solving Protein Folding Problem using a Parallel Genetic Algorithm”, ICT and Critical Infrastructure: Proceedings of the 48th Annual Convention of CSI - Volume I, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 248,241 DOI: 10. 1007/978-3-319-03107-1_27, © Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Hari Narayanan A. G., Krishankumar U., Judy M. V., Constructing a personalized e-learning system for students with autism based on soft semantic web technologies, IEEE International Conference on Technology Enhanced Education, January 2012published in IEEE XplorePrint ISBN: 978-1-4577-0725-4
- Judy, M. V., Ravichandran, K. S & K. Murugesan, “A multi-Objective Evolutionary algorithm for Protein Structure Prediction with Immune Operators”, International journal, Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, (2009) 1476-8259, Volume 12, Issue 4, August 2009, Pages 407 – 413, ISSN: 1476-8259 (electronic) 1025-5842 (paper) , (Impact Factor: 1. 573) © Thomson Scientific Journal Citation Reports 2008
- R. Nandakumar and N. Ramana Rao, “Fair partitions of polygons: An elementary introduction”, Proceedings of Indian Academy Sciences, (Math. Sci) Vol. 122. No. 3, August 2012, pp. 459-467. @ Indian Academy of Sciences
- Arun Kumar N., “Text Extraction from Document Images Using Edge Information and Translation using EBMT", International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Engineering Volume 4, issue(2), ICEA-2013, ISSN 2249-07
- Judy, M. V., B. Ramadoss, “An Enhanced Solution to the Protein Folding Problem Using a Hybrid Genetic Algorithm With G-Bit improvement Strategy”, International Journal of Modeling andOptimization 2012, Vol. 2(3): 356-359 ISSN: 2010-3697
- Judy M. V, Ravichandran K. S, & K. Murugesan, “Enhancement of Protein Folding Problem using a Genetic Algorithm with Introns” Published in International journal of Computational Intelligence in Bio-informatics, ISSN:0973-385X Volume 1 Number1(2008) pp. 35-43
- M. R. Bivin, M. V. Judy and B. Ramadoss, “A Neutrosophic Cognitive Map Based Approach for the Prediction of Severity of Autism Spectrum Disorder " has been accepted for presentation in Third International conference on Bioinformatics (IFIP), September 2013, NIT, Bhopal.
- Ashutosh Rajan and M V Judy, “ An Enhanced Map Reduce Framework for Improving the Performance of Massively Scalable Private Clouds”. International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA),Proceedings on Amrita International Conference of Women in Computing - 2013AICWIC(3):24-26, January 2013. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA. (0. 814 impact factor)
- Ranjidha Rajan, “Genotype –Phenotype Mapping in Autism, A model using soft computing techniques, International conference in Bioinformatics, Macfast College, Tiruvalla. 11. Nima S. Nair, SanalChandran “Network Forensic Evidence Collection: Challenges in Private and Public Cloud Environments " National Conference on Security Monitoring, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi Campus
- Sreeja Ashok , “Managing Security Concerns” National Conference on Security Monitoring, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi Campus
- Ranjidha Rajan, “Evolutionary Computing Techniques in Steganography A Comparative study”, National Conference on Security Monitoring, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi Campus
- Prasannakumar C. V, Leena V , “Conception of Big Data Sensemaking by Self Correcting False Positives Using Non Monotonic Reasoning” National Conference on Security Monitoring, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi Campus
- Hari Narayanan A. G., M V Judy, “Security Challenges in Web 3. 0”, National Conference on Security Monitoring, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi Campus
- M. Soumya Krishnan, "Risk Assessment Capability Using Spiral and Agile Software Development Models: -A Comparative Study", National Conference on Security Monitoring, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi Campus
- A. S. Mahesh, Rajalakshmi V R , "Big Data and Hadoop – Transformation Role in Indian Public Sector", National Conference on Security Monitoring, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi Campus
- Arun Kumar N., Gaina K. G., “Information hiding- A Survey” National Conference on Security Monitoring, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi Campus
- Ashutosh Rajan, Dhanya S, “Secure Hadoop Distributed File System and MapReduce, National Conference on Security Monitoring, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi Campus
- Nitha L. , “Data Mining A Proportional Study in Privacy Preserving Techniques”, National Conference on Security Monitoring
- Sumesh S.,C. Tripthi & M. V. Judy, ”A Hybridized Approach for Network Intrusion Detection System”, National Conference on Applications of Data Mining in Management of Metabolic and Degenerative Disorders (2012) , Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Mysore, India.
- Hari Narayanan A. G. & M. V. Judy,”Analysis of Soft Computing Techniques used in Mining Health Care Data”, National Conference on Applications of Data Mining in Management of Metabolic and Degenerative Disorders (2012) , Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Mysore, India.
- Rajani K. G. and Vijay Lakshmy K. V. - “Involvement of SHGs for Women Empowerment in Kerala - A theoretical approach” Published in the International Review of Research in Emerging Markets and the Global Economy (IRREM) An Online International Monthly Journal (ISSN: 2311-3200), 2014 Vol: 1 Issue 2 , 66
- Ambily A. S., Suresh. V. N., “Quality of Work Life of Non-managerial employees in Manufacturing Industries” OPUS Volume 5 Issue 1 September 2013-March 2014
- Gayatrilaxmi R. P., “Whistleblowing in India:Designing and Implementation a strong whistle blowing policy for better corporate governance”, Mirror Vol. 3 No. 2 September 2013, Peer refereed Bi-annual International Journal ISSN 2249-8117
- Ambily A. S., M C DileepKumar, “Quality of Worklife –A study on Public and Private Sector Manufacturing Enterprises in Kerala”, Research Scholar Vol. IINo. III September 2012
- Ambily A. S., “Analytical Perspective on Risk Management:A Comparison of Public and Private Sector Commercial Banks in India”, Mirror Vol. 3 No. 2 September 2013,Peer refereed Bi-annual International Journal ISSN 2249-8117
- Ambily A. S., Suresh V. N. , “Socio Economic Background and QWL of Public and Private Sector Employees in Kerala Contemporary Commerce” Review Vol 1 No 2 March 2013 ISSN 2319-3638
- G. Aswathy, “Information Technology & Governance: A Review of E-Governance Model in Kerala”, Journal of Politics & Governance, Vol. 2 No. 3/4,July-December 2013
- V. Murali and R. Preetha , “A Study on the Impact of Organizational Leadership and Climate on Effectiveness. A Structural Equation Approach “, Karunya Journal of Research Volume 2, Issue 1,January 2010
- Sony Vijayan, “Ship Breaking in India - Legal issues and Challenges”, Volume XXXV ,March June 2011,Number 1,2,School of Legal Studies ,CUSAT,Cochin ,Kerala ISSN 0970-0331
- A. M. Varkey and Sony Vijayan, “Indian Admirality law - Challenges in Maritime arbitration Journal J-15 2011(2)KHC”
- Sony Vijayan, “Shipping Industry in India - Legal environmental and policy issues”, Journal of Politics & Governance, Vol. 2 No. 3/4, July-December 2013
- Rajani K. G. and Vijay Lakshmy K V,“Involvement of SHGs for Women Empowerment in Kerala-A theoretical approach”, Journal of Emerging Issues in Economics, Finance and Banking ,ISSN 2306-367X ,January 4th and 5th 2014.
- Maya L. Pai, K. V. Pramod and A. N. Balchand, “Modelling of Kerala Monsoon Rainfall using Arima Model” UGC Sponsored workshop on modern applied statistical methods in statistical softwares, Nirmala College Muvattupuzha, 24-26, February 2009.
- R Vidya - Participated as delegate at the 17th National Conference on E-Governance held on 30th and 31st of January, 2014 , organized by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Govt. of India, Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India, and Department of Information Technology, Govt. of Kerala.
- R Vidya - Presented a paper, "The Scientist, the Warrior and the Pilot: Construction of Femininity in James Cameron's Avatar" as part of an international conference on“Popularizing Science Writing and Celebrating Science Fiction”, held on 14th, 15thand 16th of February, 2014 organized by the Department of English, St. Treasas’s College in collaboration with Indian Association of Science Fiction Studies Co-sponsored by the Kerala State Higher Education Council.
- R Vidya - Presented a paper, "Ecocriticism in Science fiction: Analysis of James Cameron’s Avatar", as part of the national seminar Down to Earth: Ecological Orientations in literature and arts”, held on 20th and 21st of February, organized by department of English and Languages, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi.
- Vimal Krishnan. R - presented a paper, "From Corpo‘reality’ to Metaphysical Moorings: the Mechanized Human and the ‘Personal’ Computer in Spike Jonze’s Her" as part of an international conference on“Popularizing Science Writing and Celebrating Science Fiction”, held on 14th, 15th and 16th of February, 2014 organized by the Department of English, St. Treasas’s College in collaboration with Indian Association of Science Fiction Studies Co-sponsored by the Kerala State Higher Education Council.
- Vimal Krishnan. R - presented a paper, “Vignettes of Eco-Sensitivity: Reimagining Akira Kurosawa’s Dreams”, as part of the national seminar Down to Earth: Ecological Orientations in literature and arts”, held on 20th and 21st of February, organized by department of English and Languages, Amirta School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- R Vidya , Development Through Akshaya Center, The Journal of Media Studies Vol: 2, Issue: 2 June 2011
- VinodLaxman & Dr. U. Krishnakumar - The Hidden Agenda behind Constructed Imagery- Identity Politics in Advertising in India, Journal of Management & Public Policy, by the Academy of Politics and Governance, Management Development Research Foundation, New Delhi
- Rajesh M., Assistant Professor (SG) & Head, Department of English & Languages, participated and presented a paper entitled Negotiating Cultural Transitions: The Fictional Worlds of Chinua Achebe and Joseph Conrad as part of one day UGC sponsored national seminar on Postcolonial Perspectives in Language and Literature on 31st January, 2014, organised by Department of English and Foreign Languages, Bharatiar University, Coimbatore.
- Rajesh M., “Continuing Coloniallsm : A Reading of Chinua Achebe's Anthills of the Savannah
- Sreena K., “Reading ‘god’ Backwards”, LANGUAGE IN INDIA, Strength for Today and Bright Hope for Tomorrow, Volume 10 : 1 January 2010, ISSN 1930-2940
- Sreena K., “Dream”, Labyrinth The Bi-annual Literary Journal of Postmodernism Vol. 1-No 2 September 2010 ISSN 0976-0814
- Harini Jeyaraman and K Sreena , “Shakespeare: A Capitalist”, Reconstructing Shakespeare