RESEARCH AT DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE, AMRITAPURI CAMPUS
The research at the department aims to take up projects meeting to the needs of the society . The department's research efforts are improved by collaborations with leading research universities and industries around the world. The department currenly focuses on the following major thrust areas for research:
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Digital Image Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Jyothisha J. Nair, V.K. Govindan., Multi-scale Segmentation Based on Nonlinear Complex Diffusion , Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics, june 2013.
- Priyanka G. Pillai, Jayasree N., Questions Categorization using SVM Based on Different Term Weighting Methods, International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, Volume No.4 Page No.4, May 2012.
- Jyothisha J. Nair, V.K. Govindan. Multi-scale Segmentation Based on Nonlinear Complex Diffusion ,International Review on Computers and Software, Volume No.(Vol. 7 N. 2), Page No. 561-567 , March 2012.
- Geetha M., Manjusha. A Vision Based Recognition of Indian Sign Language Alphabets and Numerals Using B-Spline Approximation, International Journal on Compute Science and Engineering (IJCSE), SSN : 0975-3397 Volume No. 4, Page No.3, March 2012.
- Bhadrachalam Chitturi, I. Hal Sudborough ., Bounding Prefix Transposition Distance for Strings and Permutations, Theoretical Computer Science, Volume No.421, Page No. 15-24, 2012.
- M.R. Kaimal, Vrinthavani R. Motion Segmentation Algorithm using Spectral Framework,Defense Science Journal (DSJ), Vol. 60 No.1 Page No. 39‐47, January 2010.
- Jayaraj Poroor., Bharat Jayaraman, Denial of Service Attacks on Real‐time Media thorough Indirect Contention‐In‐Hosts: Analysis and Mitigation, IEEE Internet Computing, Volume No. 13 (6), Page No. 22‐30, Nov ‐ Dec 2009.
- Jayaraj Poroor., Dinil D., Aravind P., Thothadri Rajesh., Aravind P., Anand R., uVoIP: Cross‐layer optimization of buffer operations for providing secure VoIP services on constrained embedded devices, International Journal of Next‐Generation Networks (IJNGN), Volume No. Vol. 1 No. 1, Page No. 12‐22, December 2009.
- Maneesha V Ramesh. , Nirmala Vasudevan. , Joshua Freeman, Real Time Landslide Monitoring via Wireless Sensor NetworkGeophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 11, EGU2009‐14061, EGU General Assembly 2009.
- Dr.V.Manisha and Dr. P.V.Ushakumari, “Threshold based data aggregation algorithm to detect rainfall in land slide, Proceedings of International conference on wireless Networks, Volume No: 1, Page No: 255‐261, July 2008.
- Rekha P., Lekshmi G.S. and Maneesha V. Ramesh., Integrated Wireless Sensor Network for Smart Sesame Farming in India., Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering 2012.
- Archana Sudershan, Veena, Sreedhar Babu , Koyal - An Expert System for Medical Diagnosis and Classification of Birds and Animals Modelling and Simulation using J2SE & PROLOG, 3rd IEEE International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology - ICECT 2011, April 8 - 10, Kanyakumari, India.
- Manjusha Nair, Information Processing in EPSP Spike Complexes and Model Based Predictions of Induced Changes During Plasticity in Cerebellar Granular Layer, Conference of Women in Computing in India, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- Lekshmi G. S., Jisha R. C., Manisha V. Ramesh, Intruder Tracking Using Wireless Sensor Network, IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, Tamil Nadu College of Engineering, Coimbatore, TN, December 28 - 29, 2010.
- Maneesha V. Ramesh, Sangeeth Kumar, P. Venkat Rangan. Wireless Sensor Network for Landslide Detection. International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN’09), CSREA Press, 2009.
- Maneesha V. Ramesh, K. P. Soman. Wireless Sensor Network Localization With Imprecise Measurements Using Only a Quadratic Solver, International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN’09), CSREA Press, 2009.
- Maneesha V. Ramesh. Real‐time Wireless Sensor Network for Landslide Detection, The Third International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications, SENSORCOMM 2009, IEEE Digital Library, 2009.
- Maneesha V. Ramesh, Sangeeth Kumar, P. Venkat Rangan., Wireless Sensor Network for Landslide Detection, International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN’09), CSREA Press, 2009.
- Maneesha V|. Ramesh, K. P. Soman., Wireless Sensor Network LocalizationWith Imprecise Measurements Using Only a Quadratic SolverInternational Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN’09), CSREA Press, 2009.
- Maneesha V. Ramesh., Real‐time Wireless Sensor Network for Landslide Detection, The Third Page 154 of 364 International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications, SENSORCOMM 2009, IEEE Digital Library, 2009 – BEST PAPER AWARD.
- Ms. Maneesha .and Dr P.V.Ushakumari., Threshold Based Data Aggregation Algorithm to Detect Rainfall Induced LandslidesInternational conference on Wireless Networks, WORLDCOM – 08, Las Vegas, USA on July 14 - July 17, 2008.
- Maneesha V Ramesh., Fault Tolerant Clustering Approaches in Wireless Sensor Network for Landslide Area Monitoring, International conference on Wireless Networks, WORLDCOM – 08, Las Vegas, USA on July 14 - July 17, 2008.
- Maneesha V Ramesh., Biologically Inspired Data Propogation and Aggregation Method for Wireless Sensor networks, International conference on Wireless Networks, WORLDCOM – 08, Las Vegas, USA on July 14 - July 17, 2008.