Course Duration: 3 Hrs./Week
Applied biochemistry deals with complete understanding of the molecular level of the chemical process associated with living cells. Clinical chemistry deals with the study of chemical aspects of human life in health and illness and the application of chemical laboratory methods to diagnosis, control of treatment, and prevention of diseases.
Objectives of the Subject (Know, do, appreciate)
The objective of the present course is providing biochemical facts and the principles to the students of pharmacy. Upon completion of the subject student shall be able to –
- Understand the catalytic activity of enzymes and importance of isoenzymes in diagnosis of diseases;
- Know the metabolic process of biomolecules in health and illness (metabolic disorders);
- Understand the genetic organization of mammalian genome; protein synthesis; replication; mutation and repair mechanism;
- Know the biochemical principles of organ function tests of kidney, liver and endocrine gland; and
- Do the qualitative analysis and determination of biomolecules in the body fluids.