The student team of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri campus, bagged the first prize in Group Music (Indian) at the 34th Inter-University South Zone Youth Festival 2018 “Padmotsav” held from October 7-11, 2018, in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. South Zone comprises of over 100 universities in the region. They were qualified to participate at the 34th Inter-University National Youth Festival, organized under the aegis of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The competition was held at Chandigarh University from February 1-5, 2019, with the participation of 106 universities across the country.
Competing with the first, second and third placeholders from all the five zones (East, West, North, South and Central), Amritapuri team has won the first prize in Group Music (Indian). This is a big achievement in our history of participating AIU Youth Festivals because this category has always been highly competitive and intense among lots of talented and well-trained students (from most universities which have music departments or colleges).
Our winning team included:
- Ms. Veda P, Third Year, Department of Physics/ Mathematics
- Ms. Devika Pramod, Third Year, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Ms. Jyothisree K., Second Year, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Ms. Varna S Kumar, Second Year, Department of Biotechnology
- Mr. Goutham Suresh, Second Year, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Mr. Devajith Jyothi, Third Year, Department of Computer Science and Application
- Mr. Gautham Ramesh, First Year, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Congratulations to the team for this great achievement and also thanks to authorities, teachers and renowned trainers for making this success possible.