Highlights of Placements in Amrita
- Over 200 companies visit the campus every year.
- Dream option available for placed students to go for higher packages / better job profiles.
- Average salary is Rs. 4.2 Lakhs per annum for 2016 pass out batch.
- Highest CTC offered for the current batch is Rs. 23.45 Lakhs per annum.
Placement for students of engineering, arts, science and allied courses are handled by one group of experts with Head-Placement at the top.
Some of the key aspects that are taken into account by the placement team are as follows:
- Ensuring summer and winter internships and final placements of students from all branches of Amrita Schools of Engineering as well as Arts and Sciences, Communication, Social Work and Biotechnology, in reputed organisations.
- Improving the quality of placements in terms of job opportunities, companies of relevance that visit the campus and the highest and average salaries.
Enhancing industry-academia association through frequent visits, interactions with the top management and facilitation of Faculty Development Programmes, Student Visits, Industrial Training, and Project Guidance under Corporate Action Plan.
- Updating / reviewing the placement policy in terms of number of opportunities, career options, etc., from time to time (The latest Placement Policy).
- Utilising the vast network of alumni, the corporate relations departments of sister institutions / other campuses and eminent personalities who are devotees of AMMA, for the benefit of students.
- Obtaining feedback from employers on the performance of students to enhance the quality of students.
- Obtaining feedback from employers on the performance of alumni and any other information that is relevant for upgrading the course content / syllabus.
- Assisting in improving the employability of the students by organising special training with the help of experts from industry.
- Building rapport with the top management of companies by organising visits of CEOs, COOs, Presidents, VPs and GMs to the university.
Placements at Amrita have always been excellent. Be it Engineering or Arts and Science, students who are eligible and opt for placements have more than one job offer, on an average. Exercising their dream option, some of them have upto three job offers.
Some highlights of the engineering placements for 2016 pass out batch:
- 68 companies have already visited to recruit students from 2016 batch and we expect an equal number of companies to visit before the end of this academic year. 1754 students have been already placed from B Tech, M Tech and MCA across all campuses.
- The average salary across all campuses is INR 4.0 lakhs per annum. Number of offers per student is 2.20 (i.e., 3668 placements offers for 1754 students placed). The highest salary package paid is INR 17.00 lakhs per annum by Roadrunnr
During the year 2012 - 2013, 105 companies visited Amrita School of Business (ASB) for placements and 202 students were placed. The salaries offered in 2012 - 2013 have shown significant growth over the previous years. The average salary (CTC) offered was INR 5.01 lakhs per annum and the highest being INR 20.75 lakhs per annum. The batch of 2011 - 2013 have been placed in high-quality, diverse and professional opportunities.
Some highlights of the MBA placements for 2016 pass out batch
65 companies have already visited Amrita School of Business (ASB) for placements and 132 students are already placed. The salaries offered this year have shown significant growth over the previous years. Current average salary offered is INR 5.23 lakhs per annum and the current highest salary is INR 14.75 lakhs per annum. The batch of 2015 - 2016 have been placed in high-quality, diverse and professional companies.
ASB PLACEMENT 2014-'16